Author Topic: Free to Play First Person Shooter.......  (Read 4842 times)

Offline tuton25

• Nickel Member
Re: Free to Play First Person Shooter.......
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 06:00:46 PM »
Again I would just like to restate that I am not a freeloader trying to get free stuff
I just wan't to see for a more stratigic game dominated by GVs and Infantry
I came here for the flying but quickly saw that this game could be so much more than that
><))))*> Da Fish is in Da Fight

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 06:01:30 PM »
That won't be helped by your FTP system, where they don't get to fly aircraft. Don't back pedal.

However, something that might be worth it is extending the trial for the TA to something like a month, or maybe 2 months. Enough time for noobs to learn how to fly OK-ish, although it would mean HTC might have to expand the trainer corps so there are more online at any given time.

OH the goon whacking there would be...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 08:36:21 PM »
Again I would just like to restate that I am not a freeloader trying to get free stuff
I came here for the flying but quickly saw that this game could be so much more than that

So you came to a combat flight sim and think it would be so much better to turn it into a ground sim?  Am I the only one
that finds this odd?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 09:30:49 PM »
     So you came to a combat flight sim and think it would be so much better to turn it into a ground sim?  Am I the only one
that finds this odd?

Well in society today it seems as if something makes sense, its not welcome. Of course turning a flight sim into a ground sim isn't very smart but it could happen.

I think we need to get with the program here. If it doesn't make sense, then its right. :rolleyes:

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 09:36:36 PM »
turning AH into a FPS........no thanx..............

Farcry 3......Just cause....Homefront.....Metro 2033........Max Payne3.........all do a bang up job of FPS's...ill stick with them......and Fly in AH when I want what I cant get from ANY other game.......

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 07:32:40 AM »
     So you came to a combat flight sim and think it would be so much better to turn it into a ground sim? 

If adding more and more gameplay parts on the ground, on or under the water could help keeping the air part alive... I think yes.
(This doesn't mean I am supporting the OP)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 08:10:20 AM »
Yes to FPS part NO to reducing the requirements for caping town and NO to free to play but I like the Concept and H*** no to AI we already have lazy AI no need for more
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 10:47:17 AM »
I'm for anything that makes HTC expand.... ords are not perked/ 15bux gets me the tools to play anything in game. and a pby ;)

Also free fps is not a good idea.

I did really enjoy the battlefield games but the airspace was to small and was very gamie in flight characteristics. But napalming people in battlefield Vietnam...the best gaming experience I've ever had...

That being said Ah is a vehicle sim....battlefield series was a fps with lots of vehicles and in ratios to players (2 tanks 2choppers 1jet for a team of 32). This kind of situation wouldn't work for AH ever.
What I may suggest is a cheaper V of game like 5bucks and u can only play "fps", gun for someone, and maybe drive that German half track...(was going to say jeep but I can see too many of them getting really annoying fast).

I have played that blitzkrieg game. It really is like if an fps and AH had a baby....I thought it was awful lol
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 11:10:59 AM by bangsbox »

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 11:12:12 AM »
I know alot of older players are going to give me a lot of flak on this one so here we go.......
My Idea is for a free to play first person shooter to make the game more stratigic than get the biggest horde you can find, level town, take field. One of the biggest things we are missing is the working together of tanks, infantry, and aircraft. I personly think that the balance of power should be:
30% Infantry
30% Aircraft
40% Tanks
The consept of concept of capturing a town is the same, get 10 troops in the maproom, but there would not be the downed building requirements anymore. There could also be auto-acks up during the capture but some should be changed to machine gun nests to give the infantry a harder time. In fantry would spawn into the maproom, brought in on M3, SdKfz 251, LVT, or Jeep, or dropped by a C-47. These vehicals would be allowed to be used by the free to play user so they would not be begging a member to do it for them. All other planes and tanks would be off limits.
The first weapons that I think should be added are:
M1a1 Thompson*
M1 Garand*
1903 Springfield
Browning Automatic Rifle*
Kar98
Lee Enfield
Mosin-Nagant
Type 99
*these weapons would have a perked value
All of these weapons have rounds that are already modeled into the game and it would be relativly easy to modle a weapon similar to the .45 we already have. These weapons were some of the most mass-produced weapons of world war two and should get first priority. All players would choose their weapon and also have a .45 as a sidearm. We would also need a change to were we could crouch, go prone, and sprint. This would be very basic at first but could be expanded upon if it became popluar.
Many of the famous battles of world war two were fought on the ground with the backbone of the attack comming from tanks and infantry supported by aircraft. Many people say "this is a flight simulator, go play Call of Duty if you want a first person shooter". That is not what I am going for here. Those games lack the teamwork and community that this game has. They then almost always follow up with "if it was free to play, than the game would become rampent with 13 year old kids begging for more free stuff, and we would loose the community". My Idea is if you are free to play than you cannot be on this community or on the members only channels in the game. If you want these benifits you have to pay.
So flak jacket is on.......FIRE AWAY!!!

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »

If anything, your suggestion would push things towards tactical gameplay, and even further from the strategic level that you're claiming to want to promote.

Instead they will just focus on what the best unit to use to capture the base is, and whether they should use Panzers or M4's for tank support.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 04:15:17 PM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 04:57:08 PM »
Hitech has already been talking about doing something like this for a while now, I think including the F2P part

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 05:26:50 PM »
For me the world is full of FPS's already.............

I do see a role for AI infantry that can be launched from vehicles to create a target/game play back drop to the conflict....... I suppose some FP "special roles"  e.g  artilery spotter could interface well where the machine interface requires a body out side the machine for proper functionality.

EDIT.............. and nothing in this world is free
Ludere Vincere

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2012, 06:28:42 PM »
Hitech has already been talking about doing something like this for a while now, I think including the F2P part

It doesn't sound like it here, but I could be wrong....

The achievement system is simply to give players something different to do when they feel like something different. No more no less. It has absolutely nothing to do with any type of a different payment system/business model.

If I was ever to do a WOT type payment system, I sure would not choose a realism base WWII aircraft to do it with.

HiTech

Nothing good is free, and you get what you pay for. I think it's time for the OP to get a job and start paying his bills.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2012, 10:34:01 PM »

If adding more and more gameplay parts on the ground, on or under the water could help keeping the air part alive... I think yes.
(This doesn't mean I am supporting the OP)

Aces High with 30% air combat adds to keeping the air part alive how?  It may bring more folks in, but I am thinking they will care
even less than the current crop of new guys do.  It's not like there aren't plenty of FPSers out there if that's what you like.  Certainly
many many more than flight sims.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Fonzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2012, 11:19:29 PM »
The idea of infantry is a cool concept...   but the first time you lose a tiger 2 with 20 kills to a frontal shot from a bazooka you will want the infantry gone.