Author Topic: Bomber Auto Climb Turn  (Read 561 times)

Offline Rayon

• Zinc Member
Bomber Auto Climb Turn
« on: December 20, 2012, 12:45:04 PM »
I took a few years off of AH and I'm getting back into the "flow of the game" but I'm having difficulty remembering a few tricks that I used to know.

There is a way to set the roll/turn during the auto climb, so the bombers can climb in a circle  I can't for the life of me remember how to set the auto turn during the auto climb  :bhead

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!

(aka 100Tech)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Bomber Auto Climb Turn
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 12:55:02 PM »
There is no thing as an "auto turn".
But you can turn while still being in auto-climb by going to any gunner position and using your rudder there. Your turns will be coordinated and auto-climb (or auto level) will not be disengaged.
I almost completely fly my bombers from the gunner position.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 12:56:03 PM »
You can try the trimset command which is the period key. Hold the controls for a climbing turn then when stable press period and release the controls. You can also auto climb and use rudder input to make it a turning climb.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 12:58:56 PM »
Welcome back to AH, first :aok

Using the "trim set command", would be one way of doing it..... another would be
to manually set your rudder trim while in "auto climb" toward the direction you are
wanting to go....

Hope this is helpful

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 01:00:27 PM »
FLS can type much faster than my old arse :old:

Edit: Lusche types even faster..... and a 3rd way is how he explained using rudder while in a gunner's position!

typing on smart phones sux, btw
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 01:07:12 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Rayon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 01:38:05 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions regarding the trim set, and I'll have to give the trim hold a try tonight (after work).  I do think the trim had something to do with it.

There is a way to set an auto turn, to go AFK while the bird is circling up in a climb, and I've done it dozens of times in the past (flew primarily bombers for 4 years) and I too usually fly from the gunner position, usually in auto pilot.

I'll let you know if I figure it out, as it is a nifty tool to use when lifting from a closer base to target without having to draw more attention.

Rayon

(aka 100Tech)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions regarding the trim set, and I'll have to give the trim hold a try tonight (after work).  I do think the trim had something to do with it.

There is a way to set an auto turn, to go AFK while the bird is circling up in a climb, and I've done it dozens of times in the past (flew primarily bombers for 4 years) and I too usually fly from the gunner position, usually in auto pilot.

I'll let you know if I figure it out, as it is a nifty tool to use when lifting from a closer base to target without having to draw more attention.

Rayon

It may of been possible on your previous (and maybe current) settup.  By entering a gunner position, enabling autopilot-autoclimb, and then some joysticks (and I suspect rudder pedals) had a trim/slider where you'd set a constant aplication of rudder control input (or put a brick on the L/R pedal at just the right angle and aplication of pressure, or maybe an oversized ruber-band/bungie wrapped around your twisty-stick and the tied to the desk/wall..... I've maybe thought about this and at some length before.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.