Author Topic: tired of scumbag manuvers  (Read 8611 times)

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Re: tired of scumbag manuvers
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 04:34:05 AM »
Ok what's worse, being vulched by a plane or as you are landing, or being vulched by a tank as you are taking off?

CrazyLwn
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 04:47:47 AM »
£10 says you didnt use the standard combat landing pattern. if you had, you would have spotted the jug coming in and had enough speed to evade it.

it was/is SOP for good reasons ...
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 06:11:31 AM »
Not long ago, I shot down a Troop or supply plane shortly after it took off.  Kind of felt guilty for shooting down an unarmed plane.  A Fighter now is fair game anytime to me.  I must say though when I have gotten shot down while taking off it is really irritating but it is still my choice of trying to take off from a hot field.

I understand your pain but it is part of the game. 

I would imagine just about everyone has taken a cheap shot now and then.  My guess is the OP has too.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 06:35:23 AM »
It was a tactic used in WWII.  It was used at every possible opportunity it seems.  Even by Chuck Yeager.

i would land somewhere else or check the area before landing..

+1

When it is done to me (rarely) I just salute the guy for being able to articulate it without me being aware.  Its all good.  Just a game ya know.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 06:59:17 AM »
The guy was flying a P47 on the deck and through acks to make a strifing run on planes at the field. What's the problem with that? He was also taking a big risk. Is flying under someone's 6 and shooting him down without a warning OK in your book?

Both are completely historical. The OP should have looked around before entering the final.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 07:18:47 AM »
i like strifing runs, it causes strife! however late in the war it was not uncommon to look for a 262 on final and "strafe" him, whether below or above him. i'm am known for coming in low and "strafing" bases at high speed, and usually avoid shooting guys taking of and landing. i like sneaking in under them while they are taking off and fly out in front of them, just to scare the crap out of them. as for vulching a guy while "strafing" a field, that can be fun too, but i don't make a habit of it. not my idea of a dog fight and since the arena i fly in doesn't have points, i don't get point for killing someone crappy style anyway.

Offline Torcher

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 07:41:36 AM »
Chivilry is nice to see and all.  It usually makes for a good story too... sort of heartwarnimg in a way.  It makes you feel good if you're one of those guys.

Things in the MA aren't chivelrous.  If you're in the MA you KNOW you have to know you're clear to land and if not, fly on or take your chances.  Sometimes you don't get a choice.

So either:

A.  You didn't check to see if you were clear or:
B.  You're here to whine (includes you didn't have a choice and lost).

Sorry for being blunt.  I consider myself partially chivilrous but I understand reality.

+1

Also, t'is the season ... school is out and junior just got a new computer, vid card, joystick, bad attitude 'cuz Mummzy and Duddy didn't get them EVERYTHING they wanted. More so than ever during school breaks I'm more cautious of Hos, Vulches and .pm whines. While perma-squelch would be nice, a macro with a preloaded list of the usual suspects that you can set up would also work  ;)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 09:08:44 AM »
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT

It's happened to me more times than I care to count...once in a 262. Lick your wounds and grab another ride from a safer field.

Heck, some guys like DOOM do this for a living :D

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 10:54:54 AM »
all i know is im pretty tired of lack of courtesy

By this, I'm assuming he didn't say "thank you" for the vulch. You're right.
That IS a rather disdainful display of a lack of courtesy. That bastage!

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 11:43:22 AM »
A fair % of people in this game are always desperate for ANY type of kill, will always dive through 4-5 potential adversaries to vulch a guy and die in the ack, and be ecstatic about the fact they they got a KILL! It's a stage in the evolution that all of us go through. I couldn't conceive of wrong with it, until reading so many threads like this years ago
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 11:59:43 AM »
there's not one player here that wont kill, maim or harm another player who is at a vulnerable position.  be it landing or with less skill.  it's a joke to think otherwise.

midway
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 12:19:46 PM »
there's not one player here that wont kill, maim or harm another player who is at a vulnerable position.  be it landing or with less skill.  it's a joke to think otherwise.

midway
Its all about the fight semp even if its one sided.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 12:26:29 PM »

midway

There are a few.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 12:44:49 PM »
There are a few.

Oh?  I don't think anyone would  forego the rope a dope if it worked.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 01:02:07 PM »
I have been known to vulch planes taking off, normally leave the landing ones alone as they are not a threat.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11