Author Topic: CH Products customer service  (Read 3502 times)

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
Re: CH Products customer service
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 08:14:32 AM »
I remember it quite well when you were the head Tech at CH.  All I had to do was mention it online back in AirWarrior about springs and potentiometer and you had them sent to me free.  I think I got them within the week.  It was for the old analog setup, oh and that blasted cable too that connected the keyboard to the sticks.  I sure missed it when you left CH.  The company I work for was family owned since the early 1900's and sold out about 8 years ago to an investment consortium and it's been hell since!  You can't get anything fixed and no spare parts on hand.  Nothing beats the pride that the private family owned company instilled

All the Best...

Jay

"You didn't build that."

(I couldn't help it)

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 12:41:53 PM »

"You didn't build that."

(I couldn't help it)

Please don't inject meaningless and inaccurate political memes into a discussion about computers.  Thank you.   :salute

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 08:09:30 PM »
OK,  Here's my revision:

Nothing beats the pride that the private family owned company instilled

Quoted for Truth!~

:salute

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 08:49:34 AM »
I received my stick this morning and I am less than impressed.  There were bits of solder melted and stuck on the joystick and wire, the base isn't level and wobbles when i move the stick and worst of all it spikes in the elevator axis (albeit less than my previous 8 yr old stick) when pulling back on the stick (but not when i push forward).  This is unacceptable for a stick that cost me £120 and shall be mailed back for a replacement.  I am very cross with the poor quality i received for what i paid for. :mad:
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 06:54:35 PM »
I received my stick this morning and I am less than impressed.  There were bits of solder melted and stuck on the joystick and wire, the base isn't level and wobbles when i move the stick and worst of all it spikes in the elevator axis (albeit less than my previous 8 yr old stick) when pulling back on the stick (but not when i push forward).  This is unacceptable for a stick that cost me £120 and shall be mailed back for a replacement.  I am very cross with the poor quality i received for what i paid for. :mad:

Pop open the base and make sure the wires from the pots are firmly connected to the contacts and the contacts are clean.  Also make sure the pots are seated firmly and positioned correctly in their slots.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 07:22:43 AM »
I would ack-ack but i don't want to void the warranty if that does not cure the problem.  The base rocks when i move the stick too which is another thing i need to sort out, that in addition to the solder found  in places on the stick it feels like not much care went into making this particular stick.  I've emailed the store i and current;y waiting on a response so i can have a replacement sent to me.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »
I would ack-ack but i don't want to void the warranty if that does not cure the problem.  The base rocks when i move the stick too which is another thing i need to sort out, that in addition to the solder found  in places on the stick it feels like not much care went into making this particular stick.  I've emailed the store i and current;y waiting on a response so i can have a replacement sent to me.

are all the little rubber feet on the base, or is one missing?
Who is John Galt?

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 10:34:15 AM »
All the rubber feet are there, but one is doesn't protrude as much as the other 3

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 12:33:04 PM »
All the rubber feet are there, but one is doesn't protrude as much as the other 3

send it back.  :aok
Who is John Galt?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 05:07:24 PM »

Explains the rocky base.  Those three protruding screws aren't screwed in all the way.

ack-ack

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 08:53:50 PM »
God forbid I read the manual but I haven't, asumming they gave me one <Shrug> so what do the LED lights indicate on The [CH FS and CH PT]........I am talkng the Green, Amber, Red LEDs.

HL
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013, 09:21:19 PM »
CH is now officially on my 'EFF OFF!' list....now I have to decide between a Thrustmaster and some sort of Saitek
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2013, 09:37:35 PM »
God forbid I read the manual but I haven't, asumming they gave me one <Shrug> so what do the LED lights indicate on The [CH FS and CH PT]........I am talkng the Green, Amber, Red LEDs.

HL

If I remember right they are program modes just like AH uses. You can switch to Mode two (red) to have another whole set of switches programmed let a GV set-up, and then switch to yellow for a 3rd as bomber set-up.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 01:15:45 AM »

HL

It's just to let you know what mode it's in.

Green = Mode 1
Red = Mode 2
Yellow = Mode 3

You can switch between modes (at least on the Pro Throttle) by pressing in on the mini-stick.

ack-ack

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 04:58:58 AM »
CH is now officially on my 'EFF OFF!' list....now I have to decide between a Thrustmaster and some sort of Saitek

I wouldn't write it off CH just yet, i think i have just been extremely unlucky with this stick, my previous CH stick was flawless.  I'll keep you updated when i get the replacemet.