Author Topic: Homeland Security warns to disable Java  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: Homeland Security warns to disable Java
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2013, 01:53:11 PM »
Yeah, Microsoft can do the same thing with Windows 8.  It's all the rage.

Are you talking about applocker? I believe that's a bit different - as in policies are set by domain membership - so it's not M$ sending out the blocks it's your company. Big difference to what apple are doing.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2013, 01:56:41 PM »
Are you talking about applocker? I believe that's a bit different - as in policies are set by domain membership - so it's not M$ sending out the blocks it's your company. Big difference to what apple are doing.

No he's talking about Metro apps and the change to the EULA which permits MS to remove software from the computer when necessary. Doomsday people see this as a huge red flag but IMO this is only a necessity for the built in windows defender to be able to do its job and to keep Metro apps secured. They need to be able to pull a compromised Metro app away if malware slips past the content checks - just as Apple does.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 09:20:57 AM »
As long as it doesn't affect my arena latency.

Once that is affected, it's time to track down the perps, Jay and Silent Bob style.