Author Topic: Sniper, or Sledgehammer? What range do you tend to shoot at?  (Read 3238 times)

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
Re: Sniper, or Sledgehammer? What range do you tend to shoot at?
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2013, 03:41:29 PM »
Do you prefer Cannons or 50 cals? 8x .50 cals.
What ranges do you set your convergence? 400 Yards.
Do you set all of your guns to converge in a spread or at a point? Point
Do you actually find yourself firing from that range? If some fool decides to rope me, I will shoot at his cockpit from 800 yards out, otherwise I fire from D600.
Would you consider yourself an accurate burst shooter or a spray till they explode shooter? Burst shooter, but sometimes spray n pray has to do.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2013, 03:42:57 PM »
Tracers on bullets off,i like to scare the heck out of em but I'm a pacifist.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2013, 03:43:48 PM »
cannons? yes
range? 200-250
tracers? doesn't matter
burst or spray & pray? 3-5 shell blip for my prey
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2013, 03:47:18 PM »
Always kept tracers off.

Yak U - Under 250 just doesn't have the ammo count to spray, plus prefer getting up close, though always a laugh when if I'm latched on to something and then some dweeb from 600 back starts spraying tracer past me and then cries when he gets the assist.

Yak T - Under 600  I think some of claims on HC that you can hit a fighter extending at 1000+ is BS. Longest range shots I ever managed on fighter was 1000 but that was a P38, Buffs are no problem at 1000 if you want to waste ammo.

La5/7 - Under 400

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2013, 04:46:08 PM »
Always kept tracers off.

Yak U - Under 250 just doesn't have the ammo count to spray, plus prefer getting up close, though always a laugh when if I'm latched on to something and then some dweeb from 600 back starts spraying tracer past me and then cries when he gets the assist.

Yak T - Under 600  I think some of claims on HC that you can hit a fighter extending at 1000+ is BS. Longest range shots I ever managed on fighter was 1000 but that was a P38, Buffs are no problem at 1000 if you want to waste ammo.

La5/7 - Under 400

<S>...-Gixer

You get a pass for the tracers because you fly these Russian Steel birds.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2013, 02:35:27 AM »
+1.  Done it...it's only good for being sneaky.  The extra half second it buys you because your unaware opponent is wondering why he's "hearing" and not "seeing" the rounds is enough to momentarily paralyze while he frantically looks around and that's enough for the kill.  The other thing it does is allows cons that are depending on seeing shots fired to maneuver away to have no visual reference to move in the opposite direction or from side to side.  It's quite effective and deceptive....but not immersive....it's too gamey for me.
Not so much in the Bravo, for me it just says hello I'm back here :)   No tracers for me is a great benefit on the higher angle shots > 45 degrees.  If I have tracers on, as someone mentioned previously, I end up chasing them and at that angle they just get in the way of my view of the enemy... At 400 convergence and tracers off I know where my bullets are going to be.  :cheers:

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2013, 04:30:28 AM »
Do you prefer Cannons or 50 cals? Both, thought I'm trained to the P51D's 50cals
What ranges do you set your convergence? 300 Yards.
Do you set all of your guns to converge in a spread or at a point? Point
Do you actually find yourself firing from that range? Yes, I press the trigger at 400 and closing
Would you consider yourself an accurate burst shooter or a spray till they explode shooter? I shoot bursts, I like having a high hit%
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2013, 09:41:44 AM »
At 400 convergence and tracers off I know where my bullets are going to be.  :cheers:

But you don't know where they'll be with tracers on?  There's no diff Pand.  WADR, if you know where your rounds are going to land downrange with tracers OFF, you don't save anything by leaving them off.  You're trying to convince us that you aren't disciplined enough to leave them ON.  That my friend is BS.  You prefer sneaky.  Its cool.  Just don't lie about it, lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2013, 09:49:48 AM »
I just like to fly, I never shoot at anybody unless they shoot at me. My bomb load is usually bibles to be dropped in the town for the folks down there. Peace <S> 999000.

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2013, 11:22:55 AM »
*50's
*500yrds  except like lusche, in jets I set 200 and 600
*point cept for jets
*I start firing when I see 600 and closing, but if they're pulling away I put the sight above them and to the right or left and one wing will get hits even out to 1k
*burst, unless they are pulling away and I might spray some until I get a hit

What do you set your meth conversions at?

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2013, 11:40:44 AM »
What do you set your meth conversions at?

I think chemists generally use metric as the standard:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/units.html#uni4

and being American he might have resorted to checking out something like this:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/unitc.html#uc

Hope that answers your question.  I have one for you:

Does it chafe yuor crotch? The anklehumping?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2013, 12:23:13 PM »
But you don't know where they'll be with tracers on?  There's no diff Pand.  WADR, if you know where your rounds are going to land downrange with tracers OFF, you don't save anything by leaving them off.  You're trying to convince us that you aren't disciplined enough to leave them ON.  That my friend is BS.  You prefer sneaky.  Its cool.  Just don't lie about it, lol
My hit percent is roughly 3% higher with tracers off. If you don't understand what I'm talking about regarding tracers getting in the way, then I'm not sure this conversation will be of benefit to continue further. :salute

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2013, 02:06:39 PM »
My hit percent is roughly 3% higher with tracers off. If you don't understand what I'm talking about regarding tracers getting in the way, then I'm not sure this conversation will be of benefit to continue further. :salute

Personally think you may need the tracers on to get your gunnery up.

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2013, 11:44:58 PM »
Tracers off makes a huge difference in target obfuscation at longer ranges...

As far as accuracy goes, he'd probably need to use cannons to up it any more than it already is  :)
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.