Author Topic: Star Squelch  (Read 492 times)

Offline Groth

• Nickel Member
Star Squelch
« on: December 25, 2012, 07:34:31 PM »
Once a player has a star in front of name it is not possible to squelch that person.

JGroth
\ humm already reported...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 07:36:19 PM by Groth »

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Re: Star Squelch
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 03:12:54 PM »
And you still can't squelch em.

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »
agreed and this NEEDS to be addressed....

Case in point....

800nates

he has a star but cannot be squelched

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 05:53:12 AM »
One guy I think kyle53 or something like that was so abusive with a foul mouth that people tried to squelch him.  He bragged with a string of the F word that he could not be squelched because he had two stars.  At the time I was in a good furbal and could not remember how to squelch so I looked it up this morning and found this older post.

Is this still in effect?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 05:58:34 AM »
Last time I had this problem I used the clipboard and squelch worked from there.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 06:26:35 AM »
HTC has already said this bug is fixed for the next patch. What about using .report as that is probably a better solution and is what it's there for.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 06:35:42 AM »
I am very tolerant of the language in AH.  This is only guy I have even remotely thought of squelching.  I will try the clipboard and the .report if it happens again.  I suspect he has already been reported and probably for the same incidence.  He had a lot of people angry with his arrogance and using the star as his shield.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »
I haven't tried it yet, not many online hours, but I read that squelch still works through the clipboard as mentioned above.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 12:46:38 PM »
I suspect he has already been reported and probably for the same incidence.  He had a lot of people angry with his arrogance and using the star as his shield.

The .squelch only filters that player from you for that game session - you would have to .squelch him every time you log in and see him.

The .report (if said player gets enough of them) will mute him for [I think] eight days. If he appeals the mute and presents evidence to HTC, and they decide it was unjustified, the mute will be lifted.

I have never squelched anyone, and have only .reported a handful in the few years that I've been here...but then I haven't spent much time in the Late War arena until recently.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 05:25:40 PM »
This was the only incident I have run into.  Might be a nice guy that just had a bad day.  Several people have got heavy with the langauge but I have too in my life  but 99% of the folks are real nice people.