Author Topic: I'm not sure what to call this  (Read 356 times)

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
I'm not sure what to call this
« on: January 10, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »

When I logged on tonight, I got this image in the tower.
It looks like a Japanese plane's wing.
What I can't show you is that it was "flickering", for want of a better description.
It kept up for almost two minutes before it stopped and the wing disappeared.
As the saying goes, if you don't have a film or screenshot, it didn't happen.
Well, here's the screenshot.
I have never had this one happen before.  :headscratch:   :old:

LtngRydr
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: I'm not sure what to call this
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 10:22:09 PM »
Looks like the right wing of an A6M5  :O  :rofl
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 05:28:45 PM »
Over the years Ive experienced variations on this. Just thought it was an unfortunate backlog of data conjestion.

Here are some of the occurences I can remember in 11 years.

1. - I've sat in the tower watching the runway when someone will (.ef) and for a moment I'm sitting in the cockpit of that plane.

2. - I've sat in the tower when a plane will appear around me in the tower showing me the inside of the wing then the actual plane will explode against a building near by.

3. - I've sat in the tower as an explosion flashes in the tower with no sound and I'm the only player at that airfeild.

4. - I've sat in the tower as a fighter flys past upside down backwards leading with its rudder as if it was a pusher.

5. - I've sat in the tower and watched a formation of tanks take off and fly away.

7. - I've sat in the tower as a bomber box rolls past me and I go through a slide show of the insides of the bombers as they go past on the runway.

8. - I've sat in the tower then suddenly I'm inside of a tank, then back in the tower, then the main gun goes off as I'm looking out of the tower as loud as if I was firing it in the tower. The only tanks fireing are a mile away near the town.

Over the years I've had random scattered variations of being updated with what appears to be someone elses pointers and data. I've even experience exactly what you have in this post. But that was a very long time ago just at the end of AH1 or the first release of AH2 in a P47. I logged and renetered the game which cleared it up. I just figured as long as this "ghost in the shell" isn't costing me perks enjoy the occasional show.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 02:33:20 AM »
Thanks bustr, I was start to wonder if my computer was weirding out on its own   :old:
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Online icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 11:51:39 AM »
I love seeing the same player's tank warping back to the hangar from spawn when they die......over and over.