Author Topic: Ground clutter and clutter in flight  (Read 419 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Ground clutter and clutter in flight
« on: February 07, 2013, 07:38:33 AM »
I was wondering about these two setting in Graphic Detail.

To start, what is ground clutter and clutter in flight?  These two features are not listed in the help section.

Any benefit in the eye candy or game play when enabling or disabling them if the video card and cpu can handle them?

Not sure I can tell a difference when I have enabled them but then again I am not sure what to look for.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Ground clutter and clutter in flight
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 07:46:31 AM »
If you toggle ground clutter while on the runway it will be obvious what it is. Check your frame rates to see if you need it off or not.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 08:49:13 AM »
Ground clutter is the circle of grass tufts around your vehicle. Turn in on or off to your liking. The "toggle ground clutter in flight" comes into play to do the same thing when you spawn a plane. Many people (including me) take a slight frame rate hit while flying close to the ground if the ground clutter is enabled in flight...plus, it adds nothing to my experience since I'm not flying a plane to do cross-country sightseeing.  ;)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »
I have both on in the offline practice but could not see a difference.  Frame rate stayed at 60.  Maybe it is a feature that is easier to see online in the MA.  Latter today I will give it a go in an online for a test.

Thanks for the replies.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 11:56:17 AM »
You might need to not be on the base. I'm not sure if the built-in ground under the field "object" has the ground clutter. Try spawning away from a base and see if you see a difference. It might also be tied to the graphics settings for "detailed terrain" and such.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 12:00:52 PM »
If you toggle it on and off while sitting on the runway you should see a difference.  There is no difference between online and offline, it's the same program. If you have "clutter in flight" off in flight you won't see it when flying.