Author Topic: Unable to install custom soundpacks  (Read 681 times)

Offline vgazoo

• Zinc Member
Unable to install custom soundpacks
« on: February 20, 2013, 11:30:15 PM »
  I having been trying to install Mitsu's soundpack (as well as others), from the list provided in "custom sounds" posts. I follow all procedures to establish the file. I can see the new custom file in the sounds folder, and can play the individual wav. sounds on my media player. However, once I logg on the game, I still only recieve the default sounds. I am able to install custom gunsights okay. I'm pulling my hair out on this. Any help here?  I have tried sending an e-mail of this concern to "support@hitechcreations", but Yahoo is unable to send the message. If I can't get a response within these forums, I will try to call by phone. Thanks for any help.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Unable to install custom soundpacks
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 05:59:18 AM »
I'm thinking you have to rename/move your original sounds folder (or at least replace the contents with the new stuff)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 06:06:57 AM »
rename your default sounds folder (i.e sounds1).  create a new folder name it "sounds" and install mitsu's sounds into that folder.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 06:10:43 AM »
Go to your Aces High folder and look and see if you folders named like P51 and B17.  There should be a folder for each plane.  If you only find a clear.txt file then you have not got the sound packs installed.  

Skuzzy has a sticky in Custom sound files I think that warns against changing names or deleting files.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 07:44:17 AM »
You said you have added sights, sounds are the same way. In the case of the sights you take each sight you add and drop it into the sights folder located here...

C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\sights

So each sight you add goes INTO the sights folder

The only difference with the sounds is the custom sound files come in their OWN sounds folder. When you un-zip them you will have a folder called "Sounds" and in it the folders for each plane as well as a general set of sounds. When you install them you drop the unzipped "Sounds" folder here....

C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High

So the sounds folder goes INTO the Aces High folder. It should ask you if you want to replace the sounds folder you have, say yes and you should be all set. If you want to go back to the original sounds at some later date just delete the sounds folder and the game should add the empty one and use the original game sounds.

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 04:43:07 PM »
went through the same thing a while back, I added mitsus sounds, had them for about a year, and my pc got fudged up so I wiped the whole thing out and when I tried to put the sounds back in game it wouldn't work,  renamed the original to sounds 1, moved to desktop, and put mitsus "sounds" in place, nothing default sounds :headscratch: :headscratch: so I fiddled around and got :mad: :bhead :bhead and went to bed.  Next day come home and bada big bada boom, it worked!!  I don't know why it didn't work the night before as I did everything EXACTLY the same the next day.  Vudu has a tutorial on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45VxSbU8EsQ