Author Topic: AMD 13.2 Catalyst Drier (Beta)  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
AMD 13.2 Catalyst Drier (Beta)
« on: January 29, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »
I rarely bring up a video card driver release, but one of the fixes in this driver is, "Resolves Texture flickering seen in DirectX9.0c applications.", which could effect Aces High.

If you are having that issue, then you might try this driver, or wait until they release it out of beta.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ninthmessiah

• Copper Member
Re: AMD 13.2 Catalyst Drier (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 04:07:00 PM »
I have this problem.  Thought I was alone.  Gonna test this out this afternoon when I get out of school.

Offline Ninthmessiah

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 09:55:23 PM »

Nope didn't work.  Shore battery still turns into grass...

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 05:33:25 PM »
In the game would texture flickering be akin to when you look down at an airfeild's manned gun positions, they flicker like tiny raster lines as you fly by? Or the way some clouds do that?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 02:46:20 AM »
I have the issue shown in the screenshot, but I was under the impression it was called Z fighting....also some driver revisions fixed the problem but at the cost of precious frames per second
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 04:27:39 AM »
The only texture flickering issue I have seen is from using "Use Application Settings" for the AF setting. Usually just turning it on will fix everything, but I noticed with the recent publishing of some user settings that other people have it maxed out. Not sure why that is.

Ninthmessiah: I think that's another issue.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 05:05:00 AM »
Thanks for the notice.  I will give the beta a go.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 06:40:42 AM »
Z-fighting is a different problem than what this driver addresses.  If you note where and/or when it happens, and report it in the bug report forum, HiTech can look at it to see if it is a game issue.  Drivers do sometimes cause this problem to appear.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 11:40:04 AM »
Too bad it's for win 7 and 8 but not for XP :mad:  Yes I have winblows 7 but on an SSD and I play AH through winblows XP.  Just call me old fashioned but I like running the game with about 18 or fewer processes running.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »
Thank you, Jay, for the info about the drivers not being made for windows XP. I have been reading this thread almost twice a day, wondering if I should try those drivers now or with my next card (which will arrive any day now, I hope)
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 10:48:24 AM »
My "inferior system" according to MrRipley, is running fine.   My 7850 doesn't have any artifacts in AH running 12.10.  Even when I ran Nvidia cards, I never ran "Beta Drivers" and never had issues.   "If it isn't broken, don't screw it up".   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 12:43:13 PM »
My "inferior system" according to MrRipley, is running fine.   My 7850 doesn't have any artifacts in AH running 12.10.  Even when I ran Nvidia cards, I never ran "Beta Drivers" and never had issues.   "If it isn't broken, don't screw it up".   

I didn't say your system is inferior. I was just pointing that it's pretty much physically impossible to run AH with good fps at max settings because your video ram is not large enough to even hold the textures.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 10:48:43 AM »
Thank you, Jay, for the info about the drivers not being made for windows XP. I have been reading this thread almost twice a day, wondering if I should try those drivers now or with my next card (which will arrive any day now, I hope)
You are quite welcome Biz.  The 13.1 drivers are pretty stable for winblows XP though.  I'm running an XFX HD 6970 vid card.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!