Author Topic: Your $15 per month  (Read 3220 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Your $15 per month
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2013, 11:02:17 PM »
There is nothing in those screen shots that would have any effect on frame rates. Those shots are nothing but different textures that replace the standard texture set. Along with some nice detail work on the beach.

HiTech

Thank you.  Beat me to it. :aok
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2013, 02:55:32 AM »
+1 Love it Great work!
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline macdp51

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2013, 07:42:55 AM »
Very Cool - nice work -  +1

(maybe in two weeks  LOL)

:cheers:

HP  :rock

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2013, 02:16:49 PM »
There is nothing in those screen shots that would have any effect on frame rates. Those shots are nothing but different textures that replace the standard texture set. Along with some nice detail work on the beach.

Those screen shots look nice, but I would also need to see what they look like down low.

What terrain are they from?

On the direct x version issue. Microsoft really made it a pita for game developers when dx10 came out not compatible for XP. To date very few developers use dx10 because of this.

HiTech

Can you post a link to DL this?

Sorry that I never responded to these posts - this is Nr RaVeN's North Africa terrain, apparently currently a work in progress. You can check his thread in the Terrain Editor forum here  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,344662.0.html

Glad to hear that this wouldn't cause any frame rate issues HiTech - please please please please can some of our $15 a month go towards getting some maps of this graphical calibre into the MAs?

I really believe that AH could pull in a lot more subscribers if we could entice people in with screenshots of terrain like this! The planes already look great, we have a great list of different aircraft to fly, we have a great flight model...the next logical step is to have some great looking maps to fly on!
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2013, 07:22:23 PM »
I don't think half the machines in the game could run those maps, but man o man those look killer.

Who's problem is that other then the computers owners. Yes i get people don't have the funds to always update there computer. But why should it effect people who can run it? This is something that needs to be ungraded in the game. Give the people how can run it the ability to, like the high rez texture pack. I would pay an extra 5$ a month to see a sparkly new ground textures.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2013, 08:27:24 PM »
HiTech said above that nothing shown in those screen shots would have any effect on frame rates (beyond, I assume, the limitations people may already have with their graphical settings

:aok :x
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.