Author Topic: Killshoot yourself in a 262.  (Read 1003 times)

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
Killshoot yourself in a 262.
« on: February 04, 2013, 03:30:26 PM »
I attacked and destroyed two B17s which did not hit me and within moments I took a ping from town ack which then awarded me this achievement.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Killshoot yourself in a 262.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 05:15:01 PM »
I attacked and destroyed two B17s which did not hit me and within moments I took a ping from town ack which then awarded me this achievement.

Oh... my... is this really in the beta right now?   

Hilarious, more so because I know it's gonna happen within a month or two to me.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 07:16:46 PM »
Oh... my... is this really in the beta right now?   

Hilarious, more so because I know it's gonna happen within a month or two to me.

I think I didn't explain it properly.  I did not lose my 262, well I did, but later in the sortie :uhoh.  I took a ping from a towns soft gun to be specific which did not damage any component perhaps a second or two from when I fired on the B17's.  It is very unlikely the B17 hit me as I never saw him firing and I did see the AAA round strike my plane.  It was also the slower firing soft gun and not the faster firing one that got me if that helps. and I got the award right afterwards.  If it isn't a bug perhaps I was so close to the B17s that I took splash dmg?

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 09:40:34 AM »
  How did you lose the 262 later in the sortie? Is it possible you hit a friendly?  :headscratch:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 01:40:46 AM »
killshoot means shoot a friendly and take the damage yourself... It's probably counting ack as "your" damage -- which is why it's not working.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 11:46:50 AM »
  How did you lose the 262 later in the sortie? Is it possible you hit a friendly?  :headscratch:

I got shot down by a P51 that I didnt see :uhoh  That had nothing really to do with the achievement though as I received it long before I was shot down.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 05:09:03 PM »
A couple knights ago I colided and killshot myself in a 163 vs enemy B24 - don't kno which one "got me", but it didn't count.  :rofl
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.