Author Topic: So what's with all the new players?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: So what's with all the new players?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 01:06:47 AM »
    Most peoples styles and attitudes give themselves away.

While I agree that it's easy to tell where a player is new or not and some pilots have a certain "style" but as long as they are minding their own business and having fun who cares.

If they are using a shade to talk smack or cause problems,well either kill them or report them and be done with it. If more players just played to have fun the game would be more enjoyable IMHO.

YMMV.

:salute

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 02:27:56 AM »
I have owned Pand on numerous occasions :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 09:59:05 AM »
In the last few months it seems as if we have had a large amount of new players/name changers/shades.   Outside of the true new players, I am interested to understand the reasons for having a shade.  So far I've come up with 3 --- any other potential reasons? 

1.  They have ran their mouth and soiled their name to such an extent that they have to start new by changing their handle and becoming anonymous (for a while at least until they continue their normal style and are recognized).

2.  They don't want to soil their 'good' name, so they create a new handle to anonymously act ridiculous.  This allows them to avoid accountability with the community for their actions while using this shade account.

3.  Someone changes their name temporarily, and someone else registers it intentionally to hold it over their head for entertainment value.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WtEpPA7RmY

#1...for a lot of them....as you can still figure out who they are just by they way they act and comment on 200ch  :aok
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:14:02 AM by Iraqvet »
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 10:06:05 AM »
It wasn't letting me log into my other account, saying it had been cancelled.  So, I just started a new account with a new name.  Then it hit me, my account was cancelled because my credit card had expired and I forgot to change information  :bhead.  Now, I'm just too lazy to change my name back lol.

#S#

Josh
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 10:20:25 AM »
Tosh  :rofl

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 05:29:02 PM »
In the last few months it seems as if we have had a large amount of new players/name changers/shades.   Outside of the true new players, I am interested to understand the reasons for having a shade.  So far I've come up with 3 --- any other potential reasons? 

1.  They have ran their mouth and soiled their name to such an extent that they have to start new by changing their handle and becoming anonymous (for a while at least until they continue their normal style and are recognized).

2.  They don't want to soil their 'good' name, so they create a new handle to anonymously act ridiculous.  This allows them to avoid accountability with the community for their actions while using this shade account.

3.  Someone changes their name temporarily, and someone else registers it intentionally to hold it over their head for entertainment value.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WtEpPA7RmY

4.  All the above/SSDD.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.