Author Topic: Dreaded Don't Move your controls so rapidly?  (Read 831 times)

Offline Kovel

• Copper Member
Re: Dreaded Don't Move your controls so rapidly?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 04:05:06 AM »
Just to add more inputs to this:

It happened to me a few months ago. But It happened even flying straight ahead and without putting any inouts into my stick. It turn out to be that one of the popentiometers of the joystick was failing. So I had to buy a new one.

Just in case if It happens to anyone in the future.....

:salute
" I personally led the attack to A1" - Pipz

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 07:00:06 AM »
Kovel, that is a good test.  I can add another.  One that unveiled my problem and does not bode well for my joystick.

The "Don't Move your controls so rapidly" hit again last night while flying a P38.  After the Host let me have control again, I noticed the P38's yoke's steering wheel had a nervous giggle as I made a slow aileron turn.  The plane turned smooth but the wheel did not.  Even with a very slow joystick input, the graphic depicted steering wheel showed a nervous giggle as it turned slowly left or right. A giggle that was too small to show up in the planes flight but must be enough to set off the dreaded "Don't Move your controls so rapidly" when added in with my own spirited joystick input.

I retested after I swapped joysticks using an old  MS joystick and the P38's steering wheel turned smooth and steady.

I think I will shop for a Hall effect joystick.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 10:24:51 AM »
It started a couple of days ago.  In last two days I have augered several planes in or just sit there watching while i get drilled since I can't control the plane. 

Can the " Don't Move your controls so rapidly" function be turned off?

No, it is much like the dreaded "black out", "red out" or spins. It is a function of the game to put the same "approximate" restrictions flying a real plane would have.

It only happens when I am trying to pitch the planes around in a tight fight. 

Then don't pitch the plane around so hard!  :devil  IF all your hardware is good than moving the stick quick enough to bring up the "don't move..." error than you ARE moving it to quickly and need to learn to ease off a bit.

I found the FAQ that said calibrate in windows first then AH but that did not work.

This is where you check your hard ware. Going into the "map controllers" section and watching the numbers that display input of your controllers can tell you how clean/accurate your stick is reporting. You should be able to move the stick a bit in one direction and hold it there with out the numbers fluctuating much. If the numbers are jumping around (as in your "giggle" report) then your stick isn't reporting clearly. Sometimes taking the stick apart and spraying the pots with a cleaner clears up the problem.

Sticks are very much in the "you get what you pay for" category. A cheap stick won't last long especially if your heavy on it and fly a lot. My CH stick is years old and still steady as a rock. 

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 02:51:38 AM »
I trashed my ch (actually its in the closet along with the x65f) because it was not precise enough...hall effect is the way to go nowadays!
now posting as SirNuke