Author Topic: cop slaps soldier  (Read 3137 times)

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Re: cop slaps soldier
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 10:40:48 AM »
I thought the cop was a little quick in resorting to the smack down, but I didn't feel too bad for the young punk either.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 10:51:56 AM »
That tells me right there that you are completely de-tuned from the real world.

Or a different country perhaps.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 12:48:07 PM »
The force may not have been necessary but that soldier woke up real quick when that happened. He needed to be reminded of the following:

1. He's a soldier, he needs to act like it.

2. Marines are simply better than soldiers, even when done with the military. ;)

You guys calling him a pig etc. need a reality check. I bet you condoned that 18 year old girl flipping off the judge.

(Also notice that the cop was incredibly friendly. He accepted his apology, explained why he did what he did. etc.)

Marines are not better than soldiers, they are just dumber and more poorly equipped.

The "soldier" if he was one, broke NO LAW, made no threats, did not act in a threating manner.  The cop was on a power trip, and should be fired and prosecuted for assault.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 01:41:30 PM »
He was aggressive, waving a lit cigarette around. He was swearing and abusive, He mentioned his service as a threat rather than a statement " I'm a US soldier man, now you know who your talking yo!"
In UK I would have issued a public order warning for the first incidence of swearing, and then nicked him for the second. A slap or a push are routinely used to prevent a situation escalating. It comes under the 'ways and means act' and whilst the public watching a video in the cold light of day, may draw their own inferences, the way the officer reactedis a vital and oft usedtechnique.
Could the LEO have dealt with thisin a different way? Sure, maybe he could have talked him down, been more empathetic? Quite possibly, but it was his call at the time and resulted in a potentially aggressive little twerp being subdued and defused the the situation expeditiously.
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »
That tells me right there that you are completely de-tuned from the real world.  The work load on the LAPD is enormous, and there are too many calls compared to the number of LEO's out there, trust me when I say that.  Every call that comes in gets prioritized, and since this guy called in saying he *was* assaulted (but safe now) and he had stuff stolen is different than a shots fired, fatality, assault "in progress", child in danger, etc, etc.  If it would have been a slow day then I bet the LEO's would have gotten their sooner, they do what they can do.  They are human, not supermen.

In which way did his attitude help towards getting his job done i.e. responding to the assault/robbery call? He could have just followed by 'take me to the offenders' instead of showing attitude towards the caller. He was more interested in showing off his superiority than taking care of his assignment.

You're probably right about the work load and perhaps this kind of attitude is necessary for them to survive. Again, I feel that's a horrible thing and wouldn't want to live in a society that's so problematic that you can't consider a LEO your friend and helper but a wannabe assailant.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 01:48:24 PM »
He was aggressive, waving a lit cigarette around. He was swearing and abusive, He mentioned his service as a threat rather than a statement " I'm a US soldier man, now you know who your talking yo!"
In UK I would have issued a public order warning for the first incidence of swearing, and then nicked him for the second.

Only after the LEO put him off verbally and then approached him agressively. The guy was of course very dumb for mouthing off like that but the whole point is that the police treated HIM as the biggest criminal in the situation while his assaulters were having a party at the house. Very surreal situation.

In fact in http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,345321.0.html and the manifesto related to the thread... It's not hard to believe the points in the manifesto while watching this video and the abusive attitude of the LEOs in question. Its almost as if people were on a 'power high' and vented their anger on bystanders just because they gave a chance for it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 02:33:07 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2013, 03:02:55 PM »
I thought the cop was a little quick in resorting to the smack down, but I didn't feel too bad for the young punk either.

Theres stuff you didnt see either. I once had some drunken woman knock an unlit cigar out of my mouth showing the same kind of attitude. She caught a slap too. Ive had people spit on me, throw drinks at me. And for nothing. I had shown up to help them.

This kid obviously disrespected the Law. Which also means he disrespected all of you who work hard, pay your taxes, and respect both the Law and your neighbors. He was a snide little loudmouth waving his cigarette around and I wouldnt have taken it either. To his credit he ended up apologizing. I can pretty much figure out what happened, having been to these many times. He was living somewhere where he wasnt wanted anymore and he ended up getting in a fight over it. The Kid is obviously drunk and a Liar. No Police commander would tell him to "F" off on the phone so that makes me doubt the rest of his story as well.

His actions reflected poorly on the US Army, an honorable Institution. If USAF called me and said my kid had done the same I would smack him even harder then this PO did.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2013, 03:54:37 PM »
The question isn't whether the kid was a dumbarse or not.  He clearly was.  The question is whether the LEO handled the situation properly or not.  It's pretty clear that the situation didn't need to come to a physical conclusion at that point.  A LEO assaulting anyone without warning, is unacceptable.  He had MANY options to resolve or defuse the situation without resorting to a right hook.  By turning a nonviolent situation into a violent situation without as much as a warning to "STEP BACK, SIR.", he definately is at fault. 

I've asked a few LEO's that I know personally what they think about this video, and to the last, they all agreed that this could be handled much better.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »
Regardless of whether the Cop was correct or not, this puffed up young punk represented an all to common piss poor lack of respect and common courtesy that is popular in today's tough guy gangsta mentality.  He very much deserved the hard drive reboot that he received.  The Cop just happened to be the guy willing and capable of doing the public service action.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2013, 06:43:16 PM »
Regardless of whether the Cop was correct or not, this puffed up young punk represented an all to common piss poor lack of respect and common courtesy that is popular in today's tough guy gangsta mentality.  He very much deserved the hard drive reboot that he received.  The Cop just happened to be the guy willing and capable of doing the public service action.

Whether he deserved it or not is moot.  The LEO should've handled the situation better than he did.  It's not a public service if it's infringing on the rights of the public.  
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:14:55 PM by AAJagerX »
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2013, 08:10:46 PM »
 :D

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »
Again, I feel that's a horrible thing and wouldn't want to live in a society that's so problematic that you can't consider a LEO your friend and helper but a wannabe assailant.

One would probably get a better response if he treated an LEO like a friend and helper or at least with a modicum of respect.

I still think the cop was a little quick on the draw, but I'm certainly not on the side of the punk.

In my dealings with cops they have responded quite nicely to being shown a little courtesy for a change.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 08:27:49 PM by jimson »

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2013, 08:48:44 PM »
Cop needs to be fired.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »
Cop slapped the wrong soldier (or maybe the right one).  I'd still be in jail, but those two tubbies would remember me. ;)  Still, I've never used "U.S. Soldier" as a status symbol in my own country.  There was no need for that either.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2013, 09:40:17 PM »
Theres stuff you didnt see either. I once had some drunken woman knock an unlit cigar out of my mouth showing the same kind of attitude. She caught a slap too. Ive had people spit on me, throw drinks at me. And for nothing. I had shown up to help them.

This kid obviously disrespected the Law. Which also means he disrespected all of you who work hard, pay your taxes, and respect both the Law and your neighbors. He was a snide little loudmouth waving his cigarette around and I wouldnt have taken it either. To his credit he ended up apologizing. I can pretty much figure out what happened, having been to these many times. He was living somewhere where he wasnt wanted anymore and he ended up getting in a fight over it. The Kid is obviously drunk and a Liar. No Police commander would tell him to "F" off on the phone so that makes me doubt the rest of his story as well.

His actions reflected poorly on the US Army, an honorable Institution. If USAF called me and said my kid had done the same I would smack him even harder then this PO did.

wow that is really professional, showing up with a cigarette in your mouth.  I wish I could show up to see my customer's with a cigarette in my mouth.

midway
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.