Author Topic: Windows 7 Task Manager  (Read 269 times)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Windows 7 Task Manager
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:16:38 PM »
Due to steam being a piece of crap program, I've had to force close it a couple times before running aces so it's not 'updating the cloud' with crap I'm not doing...  anyhoo, here's the bug (tested w/o steam running, it happens regardless):

Windows 7 loads...

CTRL-ALT-DEL

Start Task Manager

Aces High has experienced an error.

It'll crash every time.  I haven't tried it in game, but from just the title menu, your game does not like the system interrupt.  Sorry if this has been posted before, I didn't see it.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Re: Windows 7 Task Manager
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 09:17:39 PM »
BTW -- Should be:

Win 7 Loads

Start AH and load first screen only

(then the rest)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 02:00:44 PM »
Wilbur, suggest turning steam off via msconfig. If you want play via steam, just doubleclick the icon (I have it turned off by default on my machine). To get to msconfig,

Click on the orb, type msconfig, go into startup, find steam and remove the check mark in the box to the right of it. You may well be prompted to restart your computer once you apply and ok out of msconfig.

Not sure why starting task manager would cause AH to crash, doesn't make much sense, will test if on mine to see if I can replicate.

Wurz

Edit - tested, and it instadowns AH, which is interesting. Doing some digging.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 02:03:05 PM by gpwurzel »
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 12:19:40 PM »
Steam is off by default for me, more of a force close of the program after I'm done playing skyrim or civ so it doesn't 'update the cloud' while I'm doing other things.

I just reference it as it was the thing that made me open task manager and crash AH originally, subsequent testing without steam running produced same effect from the task manager.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 02:06:44 PM »
Try hitting Ctrl-Shift-Esc next time and see if that casues AH to crash when the Task Manager comes up.

It directly opens the Task Manager.
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."