Author Topic: Why can you rearm ords at an airfield with no ords?  (Read 822 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: Why can you rearm ords at an airfield with no ords?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 09:31:29 AM »
  You put yourself at risk when you spend time on the ground at a field being attacked. It's not easy to taxi over without hitting something, collapsing your gear or getting vulched.
  I'm not sure on history but would every bit of ord be stored in the bunker? Would there be some at a staging area (rearm pad) or in the FH being put on aircraft. Destroying bunkers slows the flow of ords but does not stop it completely.

:airplane:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »

The rearm pad itself is unrealistic. The ability to kill ALL ords on a field by strafing 'bunkers' with a single fighter is unrealistic. One bomber shutting down flight operations by destroying all hagars is unrealistic. As is having them pop back up after just 15 minutes.
:rofl

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 11:00:00 AM »

Hostility?  :headscratch:
Pand must have been sensitive yesterday.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 11:00:07 AM »
I don't know this Tracerfi guy, but you guys sure are hammering him pretty hard on a fairly logical request...

If ordnance is down at an airfield, then it makes sense that there are no ords for the re-arm pad to supply from.   :headscratch:

I personally don't care if HTC changes it or not, but why all the hostility?

Some folks, by virtue of their tenure, feel obligated to speak on behalf of HiTech.  I like to eat popcorn and watch them exercise their pretend equity positions.  Sometimes they're  right Nd sometimes they just amuse me.

One of these days, the OP's will smarten up and just send comments/questions like this directly to AH and avoid the BBS police department.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 12:59:18 PM »
Some folks, by virtue of their tenure, feel obligated to speak on behalf of HiTech.  I like to eat popcorn and watch them exercise their pretend equity positions.  Sometimes they're  right Nd sometimes they just amuse me.

One of these days, the OP's will smarten up and just send comments/questions like this directly to AH and avoid the BBS police department.

aka the Keystone Kops

:devil