Author Topic: Jet combat games?  (Read 176 times)

Offline Weirdguy

• Zinc Member
Jet combat games?
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:33:21 PM »
Which jet fighter combat games do you guys like?

I've been playing the Wings over Europe and Wings over Vietnam games, which are complex enough to be jet games, but not to an extreme where you have to devote time to figuring out all of the controls.

I also have Lock On: Modern Air Combat, but that game does require you to train with it before ever trying to take the thing into combat.

What games do you like?

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Jet combat games?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:50:22 PM »
I started on a game called Jetfighter 5 and Jetfighter 2015 (they were a combo deal). Those were the first flying games I played on. The campaign in 2015 is very extensive and overwhelming in some places to the point that I would rage quit multiple times. In Jetfighter 5, the campaign is less... just less. The missions seemed easier and there was a distinct lack of a challenge after a while. In Jetfighter 2015, I would periodically feel overwhelmed by enemies. They weren't hard to bring down, there were just so many of the damn things.

Both games have a multiplayer aspect to them that I never seemed to get working, I'm assuming now that I need to set up a game and have people who are willing to connect to the computer and use it as a server.