Author Topic: Good Games  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Good Games
« on: February 22, 2013, 08:22:56 PM »
Any good games with some actual story behind them for the 360? Really loved the Mass Effect series, one of my favorites, and Crysis 2 was fun, but replay is limited even for RPG's.

Really don't care overly much about graphics, just want good gameplay, and characters who I care about.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Good Games
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 08:39:41 PM »
Red Dead Redemption. 'nuff said.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 08:57:42 PM »
Any good games with some actual story behind them for the 360? Really loved the Mass Effect series, one of my favorites, and Crysis 2 was fun, but replay is limited even for RPG's.

Really don't care overly much about graphics, just want good gameplay, and characters who I care about.

Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, and X-Com Enemy Territory are a few.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Rhah

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 08:58:38 PM »
Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, and X-Com Enemy Territory are a few.

ack-ack

Skyrim was a one-inch deep ocean. that game had so much potential...
Kommando Nowotny

Your level of fail is increasing exponentially with every subsequent post

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 09:02:16 PM »
Red Dead Redemption. 'nuff said.

I did enjoy that one quite a bit.

Once I learned how to tie people up, the first thing I did was find a train track...  Dastardly.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 09:03:41 PM »
I did enjoy that one quite a bit.

Once I learned how to tie people up, the first thing I did was find a train track...  Dastardly.

Hahaha, that's just evil.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Weirdguy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 09:51:13 PM »
Skyrim has a lot of content, but not a lot of it is anything that makes you care about the characters you meet.  They're just a bunch of people with one problem they want fixed, albeit usually a very odd problem, and most of those problems are just going into a dungeon and killing everything inside it to get some do-dad.  The fun comes from the order you chose to do them, how you did it, and even a few self made goals. 

I, for example, murdered an exceptionally annoying NPC in the middle of the night while having an empty, Black Soul Gem, capturing their free soul inside the crystal.  I then used the Black Soul Gem to enchanted a set of dirty rag shoes to grant a minor, magical boosts for the wearer.  I then took those shoes to the ocean to the north, swam out as far as I could, and let them sink to the bottom of the sea.

If you want depth of character and such, then I suggest The Witcher.  They're also Mature rated, so be prepared for swearing, dubious moral dilemmas, murders, and nudity.

Also, if you don't mind older level games then I suggest going onto Steam and getting Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.  I just started it, but everyone says it is a good one.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 10:33:38 PM »
My wife bought Red Dead Redemption a long time ago and has been waiting for me to agree to buying an Xbox 360.

Microsoft will be releasing the next version of Xbox anytime now, but you didn't hear it from me! (probably this fall)
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 11:56:01 PM »
Dead Space, Dead Space 1 still scares the crap out of me every once in a while. Also Assassin's Creed 3, I know there are others but that is the only one I have played on xBox. Although I am sure the others are as equally amazing.

Offline TheMercinary60

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 01:01:11 AM »
Dead Space, Dead Space 1 still scares the crap out of me every once in a while. Also Assassin's Creed 3, I know there are others but that is the only one I have played on xBox. Although I am sure the others are as equally amazing.
i just sat down to start in on it again, i got it got to lvl two and put it down for maybe a year, i started it up today and realized, hey, this is in 3rd person... i played 10 minutes and shut it off again

assasins creed is a title that is great to play just du to the story behind it, i personally cant beleive how long theyve been able to keep it going and the fact that they still get better

Fallout is also very good, #3 could be considered like skyrim with guns but it does have its moments, but new vegas is definatley something to look into
Formally Merc flying with the 99th Blue Lagoon Bandits
I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled.

HiTech - in response to davidwales