Author Topic: Training Films for the P38 ??  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Training Films for the P38 ??
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 10:24:31 AM »
Randy, I'd be willing to work with you 1:1 in the TA. Send me a PM and we can set it up.

That works for me.  I sent you a PM for scheduling.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 03:58:38 PM »
hehe, yeah I gathered that much.. & no I didn't try that.. (althought.. Nah!)

still gettin the 'missing mss32.dll file' message, so..  :uhoh

W-W

The game is running ok? Just the film viewer isn't working?

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 06:22:09 PM »
I have Thursdays & Fridays off, so if that works for you

I can't do Wednesdays (they are booked solid already) or Thursdays, but otherwise I'm clear. The best times for me is after 9pm est, send me a PM and we'll discuss it.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 10:58:40 PM »
If you like, come spend a flight or a night winging up with the 113th Lucky Strikes, a P38 squad, we fly as knights (12) years, use vox 113 and fly Saturday evening starting around 7:pm EST. Check out our wiki page for training films.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline WW1965

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 12:38:32 AM »
The game is running ok? Just the film viewer isn't working?

Yeah the game runs fine & I can record films also, I just can't watch them

I'm running Win7-64bit.. could that be an issue ??

W-W

Edit: I got it working.. I had to reinstall everything & then get rid of the old desktop shortcut.. I need to read more thoroughly

Thanx for the help all..
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:28:00 AM by WW1965 »

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 01:29:18 PM »
Yeah the game runs fine & I can record films also, I just can't watch them

I'm running Win7-64bit.. could that be an issue ??

W-W

Edit: I got it working.. I had to reinstall everything & then get rid of the old desktop shortcut.. I need to read more thoroughly

Thanx for the help all..

I have the same with no issues.  You can't run the game and the viewer at the same time.  They need some of the same files , if the game has them  open, the viewer  is locked out.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 02:03:24 PM »
Nothing special but a few films I've recorded and posted recently.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?usicksehlk7gnpj

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qb4a71a3hpr0wqp

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pywhhzhwy5sk3s7

:rock

It does not get old watching your smoothly aggressive style, sir.  It gives inspiration to stick yankers like me.   :D

Thanks for posting.

:salute
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »
Here's one from yesterday, felt a little bad about the HO shot.  We had had a good fight earlier, I already felt like I was in pretty deep at that point and really wanted to knock them down as quick as I good in whatever fashion I could as long as it didn't expose me to return fire. 

I don't think the film shows it but right at the end, the P-40 get's several hits on me which caused a pilot wound (big surprise in the 38 I know :)) which is why I dropped down so low on the recovery and lost my position.  At that point I went after the only target I could see and the others shot me down.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2oc9g68k7n4n6ho
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 06:38:22 AM »
Souless, do you tend to work the top of a furball in the 38? 

One of my biggest problems is staying on a target too long and getting deep into a furball exposing my 6 to the many reds.  I think I need some sort of mental count say like 3 seconds to make a shot or move on.

Often times as well I will sacrifice E for a difficult shot which is never smart.

Your films help a lot.  Thanks for sharing them.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 07:24:22 AM »
Furballs are all about picks. You watch and look for guys busy chasing someone... someone staying to long on a target maybe  :devil Dive in, take your shot and blast out. Don't climb! Lots of other pickers are looking to catch you at the top of your zoom.

If your taking 3 seconds to line up on a shot in a furball you SHOULD be dead. Anticipation is the biggest key. Anticipate where your target will be....as well as all the other are going to be especially those that are targeting you.Get to that spot, take your shot, and get out. Very rarely do you stay on a target long enough to get that kill shot, or see him go boom..... unless your using one of the big cannon toys.

Ever see that "citybank" commercial on TV where the guy gives the woman a chance at the money booth and it raining quarters instead of bills? "Duck and Dodge in there!"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 09:44:02 AM »

Anticipate where your target will be . . . . Get to that spot, take your shot, and get out.

That is exactly what I need to work on.  You are dead solid perfect on that piece of advice.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 02:31:34 PM »
Furballs are all about picks.

Sadly, this is true. It is worse yet for anyone in a P38 as that aircraft tends to draw more attention than any other, aside from perk aircraft.

You might want to do what some of us do and 'work the fringes'. Stay on the edge of the furball and work 1 or 2 cons at a time, or drag a couple out of the mess instead.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 03:50:12 PM »
Sadly, this is true. It is worse yet for anyone in a P38 as that aircraft tends to draw more attention than any other, aside from perk aircraft.

You might want to do what some of us do and 'work the fringes'. Stay on the edge of the furball and work 1 or 2 cons at a time, or drag a couple out of the mess instead.

I work the edges ill drop some bait in and drag them out 1 at a time
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 04:10:37 PM »
Yeah definitely not the right plane to be yankin' and bankin' in the middle of a furball. You'll quickly become everyone's favorite target. In furballs--pick the edges, stay fast, hit hard and get out. If you simply must engage for any period of time try to do it on the friendly side of the mess that way if somebody's gonna get picked (and that NEVER happens :rolleyes:) it's more likely to happen to the guy you're fighting than to you.

Head on a swivel at all times. It's important to identify the targets but more importantly to identify the threats and be prepared for them. The idea is to stay alive--generally. I try to have just enough parts left to land with. The 38 has all kinds of extra parts---which comes in handy! :aok

Prolly the best skill is gunnery. Looking at Soulyss' films up the thread just now he always amazes me at how he hardly misses. I OTOH am lucky to connect with a guy that's filing my windscreen :lol. Oh I'll tag the guy here and there sure. You'd think as long as I've been doing this I'd have picked up the shooting thing by now. But I guess not. My bad gunnery gets me killed an awful lot. Maybe not by the guy I missed but by the guy that's coming 8 or 9 seconds from now and that guy's coming especially  in a furball. You see from the films that as he's able to kill quickly he's able to move on to the next threat/target quickly. Very important skill to develop.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group