Author Topic: pilot pick up  (Read 623 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: pilot pick up
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 02:39:36 PM »
It would make shooting chutes more satisfying. :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 02:49:08 PM »
IMHO, I think if this were to be implemented... it would not affect the perk points spent on aircraft... if the aircraft is lost, the aircraft is lost.

The only benefit I could see would be if a pilot were downed in enemy territory, and rescued, instead of him receiving a capture, he could could at best receive "bailed successfully".  Thus the downed pilot would receive only a 50% reduction to his kill points for that sortie instead of a 75% reduction.  

However, the guy piloting the rescue aircraft would receive a perk bonus of some kind for getting the pilot back safely.  As an additional bonus maybe the downed pilot would have to to split the perks earned on that flight with his rescuer.

Example, I'm flying a P-51B and get 10 kills, accounting for 25 perks but was shot down in enemy territory.   I'm successfully rescued so I would only receive 12.5 perks for that flight, and the rescuer would receive 1 perk plus the 12.5 I split with him for getting me home.

Just brainstorming...

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline c H e F

• Zinc Member
      • http://chef561.tripod.com/chefsworld/
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 05:00:33 PM »
IMHO, I think if this were to be implemented... it would not affect the perk points spent on aircraft... if the aircraft is lost, the aircraft is lost.

The only benefit I could see would be if a pilot were downed in enemy territory, and rescued, instead of him receiving a capture, he could could at best receive "bailed successfully".  Thus the downed pilot would receive only a 50% reduction to his kill points for that sortie instead of a 75% reduction.  

However, the guy piloting the rescue aircraft would receive a perk bonus of some kind for getting the pilot back safely.  As an additional bonus maybe the downed pilot would have to to split the perks earned on that flight with his rescuer.

Example, I'm flying a P-51B and get 10 kills, accounting for 25 perks but was shot down in enemy territory.   I'm successfully rescued so I would only receive 12.5 perks for that flight, and the rescuer would receive 1 perk plus the 12.5 I split with him for getting me home.

Just brainstorming...

I like this.
"The difference between truth and fiction is that fiction must make sense."~Twain

"Right is right even if no one is doing it. Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it." ~St. Augustine

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 06:06:09 PM »
If the rescuer and his downed pilot were then shot down returning to base.  Would it be recorded as 2 kills?   :D

no, then another airplane will be sent to pick up both pilots who ejected.  and if that plane has shot down then another... imagine how many pilots are gonna be waiting to be rescued if we bust a vtard mission.

midway
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 06:19:29 PM »
It would make shooting chutes more satisfying. :aok

I'd do what the RAF did during the BoB and shoot down the rescue plane. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline c H e F

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 10:55:44 PM »
what happened to the two pictures I inserted in the first post?
"The difference between truth and fiction is that fiction must make sense."~Twain

"Right is right even if no one is doing it. Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it." ~St. Augustine

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 10:58:09 PM »
what happened to the two pictures I inserted in the first post?

The original poster from the site you got them from deleted them most likely.

Offline c H e F

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 11:17:13 PM »
I scanned them from an old book I had then uploaded them PB. I'll check photobucket then.
Is there no way to simply paste them into message?

I checked, they are fine there. Some moderater had to delete them from...and I can't edit that post either.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:21:29 PM by c H e F »

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 12:10:23 AM »
Just post the URL to where the page can be found.

Offline c H e F

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 10:27:08 AM »
Just post the URL to where the page can be found.

That's what I did the first time. I cannot find the edit tab in that first post to do that again anyway. :headscratch:

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc160/mobipost/military/pic010.jpg 

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc160/mobipost/military/He1153view.jpg     
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:34:08 AM by c H e F »