Author Topic: Target drone  (Read 234 times)

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
Target drone
« on: February 24, 2013, 12:36:48 PM »
Would it be possible in the offline practice arena to have a drone that functions similarly to the target provided by the .target command? One that flies at an altitude and heading provided by whatever is input, defaulting to north at 3,000 feet, so that you could practice gunnery on drones that aren't flying in a lazy loop?

Offline ML52

• Copper Member
Re: Target drone
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 01:08:15 PM »
+1

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 02:39:56 PM »
Excellent suggestion.

Always confuses me when aircraft I'm trying to shoot at aren't flying in a slow left hand turn.

A target drone speed control would be good too.
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 04:30:02 PM »
Excellent suggestion.

Always confuses me when aircraft I'm trying to shoot at aren't flying in a slow left hand turn.

A target drone speed control would be good too.

My thoughts exactly. It'd be especially neat if, for instance, you could have bomber formations with auto-ack enabled. That's the kind of think that's hard to practice without many a sortie climbing high and getting popped before your first pass in the MA. Took me a while to get it down, and in hindsight I think that it might be a good teaching tool for new players.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 07:59:21 PM »
 Wish sort of granted!

You can do this now with offline mission,while not so easy as a dot command it's quite possible to do this with an offline mission.

:salute

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 08:25:57 PM »
  You can do this now with offline mission,while not so easy as a dot command it's quite possible to do this with an offline mission

That I did not know! Would it be easy to include something like that as really easy to find and run in offline practice? Like you click offline practice, and then it's an option right there? Most people, when they download the game, probably take quite some time before they figure it all out.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 12:18:44 PM »
Jeff,

If you check the offline missions forum you can find several mission aleady made by some players.Or you could ask 1 of those players skilled at making the missions to put something together for you.

You might even try to do a mission yourself,once you figgure it out I'm sure you can makeup just about anything you can think of to help with your training!  The enemy planes will even shoot at you. :aok

hope that helps.

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 12:41:38 PM »
Jeff,

If you check the offline missions forum you can find several mission aleady made by some players.Or you could ask 1 of those players skilled at making the missions to put something together for you.

You might even try to do a mission yourself,once you figgure it out I'm sure you can makeup just about anything you can think of to help with your training!  The enemy planes will even shoot at you. :aok

hope that helps.

Thanks morfiend! I actually do know how to do it, I was suggesting that it be made more accessible for new players.