Author Topic: New C202 and C205 Models. NICE!  (Read 8494 times)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Re: New C202 and C205 Models. NICE!
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2013, 04:52:26 AM »
One thing I noticed looking at the cockpit is that the windscreen/armored glass looks quite narrow. It is partly due to the fact that there's no refraction in AH so you can see where the side of the armored glass meets the sides of the cockpit framing. But it still seems to be narrower than in the pics that I've seen of the real cockpit. The San Giorgio gun sight in the new AH version seems to be of the later type witch has the narrower crash pad than the earlier type. In the first photo below you can see that the width of the gun sight occupies less than half of the windscreen while in the AH screen shot the gun sight occupies more than half of it.

Some pics for comparison:

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:38:53 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2013, 05:35:12 AM »
So what are you gong to do, argue Type-B and Type-C knowing every country retrofited gunsights as time went on??

Type-B

Type - B Early C.202

Type-B Later C.202 and C.205

Type-C Late Flat Top C.205V and G55

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2013, 05:47:44 AM »
So what are you gong to do, argue Type-B and Type-C knowing every country retrofited gunsights as time went on??

Try reading my post again. I'm not asking to change the gun sight. I'm questioning the width of the windscreen/armored glass:

One thing I noticed looking at the cockpit is that the windscreen/armored glass looks quite narrow. It is partly due to the fact that there's no refraction in AH so you can see where the side of the armored glass meets the sides of the cockpit framing. But it still seems to be narrower than in the pics that I've seen of the real cockpit.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:59:02 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2013, 07:51:24 AM »
Man...beautiful work HTC.

Loving the fact all older models are being updated, That is something this product has needed from day one. Level eye candy through the game,nothing lacking....nothing old.

At this point i don't even care about and new AC being added so long as 4+ older models get updated (3 so far woowoo!). It is after all reason enough to assume every plane updated will be flown more if not just as much as any new ac added all together.

Keep that eye candy coming HTC, this product needs it full steam ahead.  :rock :aok :salute

"3 models so far"???

From memory: IL-2, F6F, Me262, C47, Typhoon, A6M (x2+1), Hurricane (x2+2), P40 (x2+2), Tiger, Panzer IV (+2), M8, M3, and I'm sure there are more. That does not include those aircraft that have had their cockpits "upgraded" to the new graphics.  With the next version we get a new Lancaster Mk III and new a new C202 and C205.  I think HTC is moving right along, remember we're not dealing with a huge company.  HTC has but a handful (that we know of) of staff and volunteers slaving away on AH.   :aok     
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2013, 07:57:57 AM »
still cant see the  stick  :D

Great Job HTC

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2013, 08:30:09 AM »
still cant see the  stick  :D

Great Job HTC

Time to get rid of that belly :D

Gotta feel it, not see it  :devil
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2013, 09:29:50 AM »
Time to get rid of that belly :D

Gotta feel it, not see it  :devil

:lol
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2013, 10:38:24 AM »
Closing the gap  :aok

(Image removed from quote.)

WoP
(Image removed from quote.)

Honestly, I like Superfly's cockpit better.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline JMD413

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2013, 03:20:11 PM »
Fantastic job!

Big  :salute to HTC and Greebo!
Venom

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2013, 04:52:44 PM »
anyone know if this 202/205 will come with drop tanks or not?
JG 52

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2013, 05:27:23 PM »
Try reading my post again. I'm not asking to change the gun sight. I'm questioning the width of the windscreen/armored glass:

HTC's glass is two frame widths too narrow. In perspective terms to your screen shot. The glass should be widened 4mm on each side while the leading edge frame for the side screen window should be shortened by 4mm. Something like the windscreen frame perspective error they made with the updated FW cockpits a few years back.

The gunsight glass should not be half the width of the windscreen glass. The proportion should be more like:

50 to 20. Not 50 to 25.

Thus the 4mm relative to your posted screen shot expansion of the windscreen on each side with a subsiquent 4mm contractions of the width of the side screens leading edge frame.

WMaker do you really think at this late stage HTC will remake the cockpit to account for an 8mm realtive prespective in the forward 3D proportions? The windscreen will have to be widened and the gunsight moved to the right just covering the left side of the clock. But, you are right looking at your BW WW2 pics. The forward side screen frame is sized too wide and the windscreen is too narrow placing the gunsight too close to the center line.

Pictures are worth a thousand words........................ ......It's obvious when you put them together like this.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2013, 05:43:24 PM »
They did modify the Ki-84's front cockpit view after it was live, so it would not be unprecedented.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2013, 05:50:43 PM »
And this is why HiTech should of told Superfly to start on the 190s, first.  Ingrates!  :devil  :bolt: 
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2013, 05:58:30 PM »
OMG, I am so going to fly the 205 after the patch. Beautiful beautiful looking plane and model.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2013, 06:07:20 PM »
They did modify the Ki-84's front cockpit view after it was live, so it would not be unprecedented.

As they did the 190.  This is what the original upgraded cockpit looked like

++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year