Author Topic: Week of March 1: Manchuria 1945  (Read 586 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Week of March 1: Manchuria 1945
« on: March 01, 2013, 12:26:02 AM »
Manchuria - August 1945

Russia is now focusing all their might on the Japanese forces in Manchuria. With a pincer attack move, they begin their agressive campaign to regain land lost to the IJA years ago and have thrown almost everything they have into this fight. The Americans have indicated they're going to do something dramatic soon to end this war and the Soviet forces must also move soon to recapture lands to put them in a better strategic position before the USA strikes.

IJN/IJA: 
Ki-67
G4M1-11
A6M5b
Ki-61
Ki-84
NIK2-J
Japanese Light Tanks (sub M-8/18/M4A1)

USSR:
IL-2
A-20
La-5FN
La-7
Yak-9T
Yak-9U
P-39Q
T-34/76
T-35/85

Arena Setup:
AvA Normals
Dar: 500ft
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Week of March 1: Manchuria 1945
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 03:44:33 AM »
I always enjoy this set up. :aok
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Badger85

• Copper Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 09:36:20 AM »
I hardly ever fly in the AvA arena. But I thought about it today, and there's no reason why I should not. It's the most realistic and historical (both of which I like). And even though it often doesn't have a lot of people in it, I still much prefer 1vs1 or 2vs2 fights over a furball in the MA. So this coming week I'm going to make an effort to give AvA another shot! Thanks for setting these up.
ENS Badger85 (Reserves)
VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers" : http://www.thejollyrogers.net
Aviation Blog : http://abovegroundlevel.org

"We were the corsairs of the Pacific conflict, and I believe we were the last of the corsairs." -George Grider

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 07:00:08 PM »
I hardly ever fly in the AvA arena. But I thought about it today, and there's no reason why I should not. It's the most realistic and historical (both of which I like). And even though it often doesn't have a lot of people in it, I still much prefer 1vs1 or 2vs2 fights over a furball in the MA. So this coming week I'm going to make an effort to give AvA another shot! Thanks for setting these up.
:aok.  I plan to return to regular flying too but in the AvA.  I haven't really flown in the MA in 8 years... :D
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Badger85

• Copper Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 09:32:34 PM »
I flew in the AvA today for a few sorties. Nobody was there when I logged in, but a couple opponents showed up as I flew patrols around the map. I like the idea for this setup, the unique opposing plane sets, the foggy weather, and the terrain. But the map layout looks a bit mechanical and not as realistic and natural as other AvA maps I've seen. Just my thoughts. Thanks again for setting this up! I'll be returning to the AvA for my dusk patrols later this week.

:salute
ENS Badger85 (Reserves)
VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers" : http://www.thejollyrogers.net
Aviation Blog : http://abovegroundlevel.org

"We were the corsairs of the Pacific conflict, and I believe we were the last of the corsairs." -George Grider

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 09:34:31 AM »
Anyone want to meet up tonight about 9pm for some AVA fun?

HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep