Author Topic: .ahf to .avi time?  (Read 438 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
.ahf to .avi time?
« on: March 01, 2013, 12:16:10 AM »
I have some films that I would like to upload to youtube for easier sharing but my computer doesn't seem to enjoy converting them to AVI. It either bogs down and becomes unresponsive (sometimes crashes) when the film is longer than 1 hour. For film times under an hour, it doesn't freeze but it takes a very long time to do anything and it really doesn't seem to be converting.

How long should it take for an idol computer (an old one  :old:) to convert a one hour file to AVI? If it's relevant, the processor is clocked at 2.5GHz.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: .ahf to .avi time?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 06:21:20 AM »
It will depend on the CODEC you use and the available memory in your computer, as well as the video card performance.

Bring up the Windows Task Manager and check the memory used by ahfilm.exe, with the film loaded.  That should give you an idea of the memory footprint.

I think we might need to review how that is done.  It seems to load the entire film into RAM.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:44:55 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 01:02:08 PM »
I am seeing issues with longer films.  Not sure what the problem is yet, but there appears to be one.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 01:18:50 PM »
If you just want a straight record of what you see with the ordinary views, download MSI Afterburner, it makes AVIs in realtime.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 02:36:05 PM »
The problem with external capture programs is they also capture any stutters that happen when the film viewer is rendering.  When the film viewer AVI conversion is done, the resulting AVI will show completely fluid motion, even if it is all choppy and riddled with stutters in the source.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese