Author Topic: I see people posting attachments but can't find out how.  (Read 516 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
I see people posting attachments but can't find out how.
« on: March 06, 2013, 10:17:54 AM »
I've been going over about 15 years worth of films starting back at wb2.77 to wb3 to freehost 2.77 to aces high and might want to post them.

Years ago, it was easy to have a host to simply host a file.....any file.

Now I am finding many hosts will not host the file but rather require that they "convert" it instead of leaving it alone.

.AHF files in which you change the extension to .txt will not "convert" because they contain characters most convertors will reject.

I do see "attachments" in some posts but my account does not seem to have that option.

Are these "attachments" I see in other's posts true forum attachments or just a different way of displaying a hyperlink?

I can't really send gigs and gigs of .avi videos since my iphone5 is my only internet connection and my data plane is only for 5 gigs.

So....instead of me auditioning 58 different sites and uploading only to find they won't host a .ahf file or renamed to .txt, maybe someone knows of a host that will work?

BTW.....iphones are for pansys.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: I see people posting attachments but can't find out how.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 11:37:37 AM »
Select forums, on the bulletin board allow attachments.  This forum is one of them.  However, it is only for Aces High films.

Just look at the bottom of the post box, when you create a new post or reply to a post.  Expand the "Additional Options".

Should be clear from there.

I should also note, films posted for the purposes of violating the forum posting rules will be excised and there is a good chance the poster will be suspended from the bulletin board.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »
I'll try to just get a host and hyperlink it rather than have aces high have to give up server space to host it.

Makes sense as my habits come from the days where every byte of space was precious.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 08:46:19 PM »
Ah.....I now understand the attach feature.

It only works in this forum.......a very good idea.

I continue to be impressed with how HTC handles itself.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:48:05 PM by icepac »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »
Nice denial Snailman, epic landing  :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho