Author Topic: Any Fw190-A8 ace out there?  (Read 2194 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Any Fw190-A8 ace out there?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 12:38:16 PM »
Flying a 190 is a psychological battle, if you can break the man you can break their plane.  :old:

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 01:07:39 PM »
Flying a 190 is a psychological battle, if you can break the man you can break their plane.  :old:

Werd.  :aok 

We laugh about it on squad vox all the time.  I simply don't let the enemy get killing hits on me.  Mixing it up low and slow in the A8 is a blast for me...and provides a whole bunch of kills for squaddies off my six.

It's as much about out smarting and frustrating your opponent as it is about out maneuvering him.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 10:56:26 PM »
Werd.  :aok 

We laugh about it on squad vox all the time.  I simply don't let the enemy get killing hits on me.  Mixing it up low and slow in the A8 is a blast for me...and provides a whole bunch of kills for squaddies off my six.

It's as much about out smarting and frustrating your opponent as it is about out maneuvering him.

Stampf,those in the"know"..... Know you cant kill the ginger breadman!..... :devil

:salute

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 01:14:04 PM »
  Stampf,those in the"know"..... Know you cant kill the ginger breadman!..... :devil

:lol

...frustration leads to anger...anger leads to hatred...hatred leads...

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 03:12:56 PM »

Pass the milk!   :devil  :banana:  :airplane:
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2013, 02:47:23 PM »
Perhaps a better question might be how to avoid getting low and slow in an A-8?

I used to fly the A-8 in low-altitude engagements, but I was successful only when I learned to keep my speed up and exit the furball to gain altitude before re-engaging. The A-8 with 4x20mm has a long clip, which allowed me to take any half-decent shot I could as I plowed through, so I saw no reason to linger in the fight or try to turn with anyone. I just zipped through, made very small turns, fired at anything that crossed my path, executed a shallow climb out of the furball, turned, and repeated the process. When I found myself getting slow, I knew it was time to extend and escape. Better than knowing what to do in a bad situation is knowing how to avoid it completely.

Dang I miss this game.

-Muzzy

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"