Author Topic: HE-111 Skins  (Read 13341 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
HE-111 Skins
« on: March 05, 2013, 08:48:07 PM »
I haven't decided yet if I want to do an HE-111 skin, some of my squaddies are pressuring me to do it so I may do one. The only thing deterring me is the fact that the skins are going to be in the 2048x2048 texture size, which tends to completely destroy this POS computer.

Anyway, I just did a quick Google search on the HE-111 and came up with some skin designs that I thought I would share if anyone would like them. For the record I haven't done any research into these skins, that's up to you to do. Feel free to pick any of these if you want to skin them. If I do decide to make a skin, I will just pick from the ones that are left (if any are left  :lol)

If anyone would like a link back to the images I've posted I can do that for you.

Edit: Here is a site that has a lot of paint schemes on file; http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/b/315/2/0
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:53:14 PM by Dragon Tamer »

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: HE-111 Skins
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:40:19 PM »
After a lot of pressure from my squaddies (one of them practically begging), I've decided to do one night bomber skin, and one "Arctic" skin.

Night bomber (in order of preference)s:

This one has me a bit concerned since it has no tail markings. I don't think it was an actual paint scheme.

While this one looks really cool, again I don't think it was actually used.

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 10:02:15 PM »
I've finished skinning the bird below, and I'm about done with a tan desert scheme bird.

cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 10:13:06 PM »
I've finished skinning the bird below, and I'm about done with a tan desert scheme bird.

(Image removed from quote.)

I saw the desert scheme, I thought it looked pretty cool but it wasn't really my kind of skin.

Since the two eastern front skins that I posted are the same, I guess that I'll be doing that one. As for the night bomber I have settled on my first choice... unless cactus has another in the works.  :noid

Everyone else, grab a skin quick before cactuskooler takes them all!  :D

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 01:01:30 AM »
He-111s aren't all the same. Even assuming we get abit of a hybrid, it seems to be a 1940 version primarily, with H-3 equivelant armaments. Even if, on the outside chance, it's a later H-6 variant, the variants that all came later had more and more engine power, armament, and armor, as well as different bombloads. For example you'll note the very late versions had a round rotating turret on top instead of the sliding hood.

You might want to at least stick to the H-1 through H-6 range. I say this because you've got profiles of H-16s and H-22s in the mix. EDIT: Add the P-series to that list, too. He-111Ps were similar to earlier He-111H models and seem to be a good fit for our BOB-era bomber.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 05:29:46 PM »
Hey guys, I'm thinking of giving at least one He 111 skin a shot. The one that caught my eye was this one:

Romanian, Grupul 5 Corpul 1. However I have googled it an no other information has come up. Anyone got any further info on this bird? Quite a striking colour scheme.

Any information (Looking mainly at you Lyric, you seem to own the entire Imperial War Museam with your sources) and/or pictures of this bird would be much appreciated.
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 06:26:53 PM »
Here you go.

Aircraft in question.

This profile is wrong they only put the markings down the left side only from what I have read.

Few other pictures for reference purposes.

Squadron logo if I recall.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 06:52:55 PM »
Thank you sir, I knew I could rely on you!
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 08:15:50 PM »
Thank you sir, I knew I could rely on you!

:aok

Have always liked this one myself.

KG 54 'Totenkopf'

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 08:18:24 PM »
What brought her down?
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 01:44:05 AM »
What brought her down?

Don't know it was shot down near Dunkirk in May 1940.

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 03:50:44 AM »
If noone else wants to do it, I'll give it a burl for you Lyric
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member