Author Topic: Destroy a plane yet no kill or assist  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Destroy a plane yet no kill or assist
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2013, 12:00:51 AM »
I believe the AH system closely follows the USAAF system of awarding kills and assists.  I wonder how well a point system like the Luftwaffe used would work well within the game?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2013, 05:31:00 AM »
I would think given enough time in the simulation, any kill model will be equal to all since it applies to all.  However, each plane's damage model effect on kills, well that is whole new thread.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2013, 11:59:32 AM »
Well that is how kills were awarded in WWII, you understand that it's not my opinion right? I'm confused because you typed this.  As if I had typed something that disputed this.
it's a fairly insignificant thing, and I'm not trying to start a pissing match, but twice you've indicated destroying planes trumps destroying pilots, and I'm saying that isn't necessarily so. (certainly not in here, as a plane can be cut in two, but if it's in friendly territory and near the ground, you get nothing)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2013, 01:11:37 PM »
it's a fairly insignificant thing, and I'm not trying to start a pissing match, but twice you've indicated destroying planes trumps destroying pilots, and I'm saying that isn't necessarily so. (certainly not in here, as a plane can be cut in two, but if it's in friendly territory and near the ground, you get nothing)
Not only that if its above a freindly base and ends up on concrete event if its beat to hell it will be a sucsessful landng
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2013, 01:41:04 PM »
Well destroying planes trumps destroying pilots as far as being awarded kills in real life and in aces high. You can't get a kill if you don't destroy the airplane, but you can get a kill if you don't destroy the pilot. So yes as far as criteria for awarding victories, destroying the plane absolutely trumps destroying the pilot. But wasn't your first contention that the attrition of pilots was more damaging than the attrition of aircraft for the luftwaffe?
Disagree-- by 1945, Axis had plenty of good aircraft, but no trained pilots to fly them, nor extra gas to train noobs...losing the plane was inconsequential
Which was strange because it didn't have anything to do with what I was talking about. Which was how victories were awarded to pilots. You seem to think that I'm saying losing planes is more damaging to a countries airforce than losing pilots.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:43:19 PM by FLOOB »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »
FLOOB, just for the record I, for one, understand your complaint and agree with you. If you shoot the plane down you should get the kill no matter where it happens. The game should be changed to give the shooter the credit for a kill and let the other guy get a ditch if he is able to crash land closer to his base. Both can win for their good effort.

EDIT:  P.S. But that would improve customer satisfaction and puffy ack proves HTC doesn't want that.  :D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:17:45 PM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2013, 11:12:12 PM »
Pulled the below from  "US AIR FORCE HISTORICAL RESEARCH AGENCY" is a very good read, check it out , as for the the ditch / landing see below:

Air Force (USAF) counted World War II aerial victory credits only for USAAF flyers, or Allied aviators who belonged to USAAF units. The action had to occur between December 7, 1941 and September 2, 1945. Only fighter pilots or members of night fighter crews were eligible. The enemy aircraft had to be airborne, heavier than air, manned, and armed. Destruction involved shooting an enemy aircraft down, causing the pilot to bail out, intentionally ramming the airplane to make it crash, or maneuvering it into the ground or water. If the enemy airplane landed, despite its degree of damage, it was not counted as destroyed.

I would propose that a ditch by its definition would mean to put the aircraft into water, therefore different from a landing, although HTC definition of a ditch would also include solid ground, which I could not find any definition to support, but my research was inadequate and short.

HL

Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2013, 08:21:44 AM »
This was credited as a "kill".

This was not and the original reason for my posting on this thread.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:03:15 AM by icepac »

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »
That one dead plane yo.

Offline tuba515

• Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2013, 07:25:21 PM »
this has happend to me many times ware i blow up a guy and dont get an assist or a kill

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2013, 07:30:39 PM »
Still no film to show Lusche supposedly 'gaming the game' to earn a proxy from you

This is my surprised face  :rolleyes:
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2013, 07:33:40 PM »
Still no film to show Lusche supposedly 'gaming the game' to earn a proxy from you

How dare you be skeptical and not take his word for it!  For shame sir, for shame!

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2013, 07:41:38 PM »
     Kills are like Doritos, they will always make more.  In the meantime, I suggest shooting better  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars