Author Topic: Saitek Pedals and X52  (Read 609 times)

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Saitek Pedals and X52
« on: March 07, 2013, 06:49:13 AM »
Although this may have been asked before, I need some help. I have the Saitek X52 and Saitek pedals. When I plug the pedals in, the game isn't recognizing the the YAW aspect, just the brake aspect. What's the fix?
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Saitek Pedals and X52
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 08:26:49 AM »
did you assign the axis to the peddles?

in AH?

what OS you using?

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:28:14 AM »
Yeah Ink, I've tried it...seems to have something to do with Saitek's software. BTW, you came into the DA at one point, wish you'd do it more. We need more players like you in there to make it more interesting. =S= and thanks for your reply.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 10:29:33 AM »
Yeah Ink, I've tried it...seems to have something to do with Saitek's software. BTW, you came into the DA at one point, wish you'd do it more. We need more players like you in there to make it more interesting. =S= and thanks for your reply.

don't run the saitek software, uninstall all that and let windows load the drivers, plug them in one at a time and let windows take care of it......(as long as you are using windows 7 or 8 I don't remember if XP does that)

ya I have been going to DA a lot more lately......you will be seeing me again for sure :salute

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 04:50:45 PM »
Although this may have been asked before, I need some help. I have the Saitek X52 and Saitek pedals. When I plug the pedals in, the game isn't recognizing the the YAW aspect, just the brake aspect. What's the fix?

You have to map the rudder pedals seperate from the stick.  In your map controllers area, there will be a box that will say X52 flight control system.  Click that box and switch the controller to the pedals.  At that point you can map and use them.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 05:23:13 PM »
Coupled with what Jager said, was just thinking about it and it sounds vaguely similar to behavior I used to get.  Is yaw set to one of the toe brakes?  When you start the engine, does your plane just want to go in a circle, and if you push the toe brakes it goes the other way?  It's assigned to one of the toe brake axises, and you just need to assign it to the actual pedal axis as Jager described.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline cohofly

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 08:03:34 PM »
Im a user of the Saitek software and Ive never had any probs with it although I did not use the install disk at another players recommedation. I uploaded right from the Saitek site, both drivers and software. If Adog still flies in the DA he would probably give you a hand re: Saitek gear.
<S>
Carver
Carver CO -55thFg/38thFS-
"Heinie Honking and LocoBusting"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 09:29:49 PM »
Im a user of the Saitek software and Ive never had any probs with it although I did not use the install disk at another players recommedation. I uploaded right from the Saitek site, both drivers and software. If Adog still flies in the DA he would probably give you a hand re: Saitek gear.
<S>
Carver

saitek software has always been a crap shot with aces high.  I bought my first and only x52 several years ago and had more problems with it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline cohofly

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 11:41:05 AM »
saitek software has always been a crap shot with aces high.  I bought my first and only x52 several years ago and had more problems with it.

semp

Never Ever had a prob with the software 3+ years now and still going strong, got lucky I guess! :salute
Carver CO -55thFg/38thFS-
"Heinie Honking and LocoBusting"

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 12:17:09 PM »
You may have to unmap the yaw control from the joystick first, as it is a twist rudder, then map it to the pedals.

68valu
Flying since tour 84