Author Topic: Here we are !!!  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Acidrain

• Copper Member
Re: Here we are !!!
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »
Just so I'm clear on this... If my FE shows a collision but the other guys does not only I take damage , but If my FE shows my bullets hitting the other guy he takes damage regardless of what he sees on his FE?  :rolleyes: :headscratch:

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2013, 12:24:29 PM »
Just so I'm clear on this... If my FE shows a collision but the other guys does not only I take damage , but If my FE shows my bullets hitting the other guy he takes damage regardless of what he sees on his FE?  :rolleyes: :headscratch:
Yes.  Damage from your bullets to him are calculated on your FE.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2013, 02:44:34 PM »
LAG is an unavoidable fact of gaming over the internet. I for one would be insanely pissed off if I got a collision message just because the other guy saw it on his FE even though on mine i was 50 feet away from him. The system isnt perfect, but there is no way to create the perfect system when dealing with lag. You cant turn off collisions because then you would just end up rewarding ho tards. If you only turn collisions on when both FEs see them, youll have the similar effect of emboldening HO tards because it is actually pretty rare to get a 2 person collision in this game...at least compared with 1 person collisions. Rear end collisions where you end up dying are extremely frustrating...I have been the victim of that many times. It really makes me angry, but I don't see a solution. So far no one has come up with a better system than the one thats implemented. It is as far as I can tell the most purely fair system that is possible. You guys complaining about how its garbage code and that HTC doesn't know what they are doing are basically full of you know what. Its been shown time and again that they listen to good ideas...hell when people cry enough, they even listen to the bad ones. Most of you guys are pretty smart...come up with something better...im sure HT will listen.

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2013, 09:11:09 AM »
"LAG is an unavoidable fact of gaming over the internet"

I do not speak about lag !

The problem is 'When a collision has occurred, what determines damages?'

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2013, 09:14:57 AM »
"Lulu the component of your plane that touches the other plane is destroyed. It is the same damage system as the bullet system, except the component that is hit is completely destroyed.

Dale"

TY HTC

mobilis in mobile

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2013, 09:54:03 AM »
"Lulu the component of your plane that touches the other plane is destroyed. It is the same damage system as the bullet system, except the component that is hit is completely destroyed.

Dale"

TY HTC

Understood.  So how, when two planes collide, does one get no damage?  If a collision occures I am assuming the collision model knows they have come into contact with one another so how do I fly off with no damage?  And I HAVE flown away from a collision with zero damage.  How does that happen if the model is good?  Not accusing here, just asking.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2013, 11:20:43 AM »
Understood.  So how, when two planes collide, does one get no damage?  If a collision occures I am assuming the collision model knows they have come into contact with one another so how do I fly off with no damage?  And I HAVE flown away from a collision with zero damage.  How does that happen if the model is good?  Not accusing here, just asking.

:huh

All this talk about lag in this thread and you don't know?

I don't recall 100% how it is, but I think when you get a collision on your end you get an orange system text message that says "You have collided with [whoever]," and when the other guy collides with you on his end you get a white PM text message that says "[whoever] has collided with you."
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2013, 11:55:56 AM »
:huh

All this talk about lag in this thread and you don't know?

I don't recall 100% how it is, but I think when you get a collision on your end you get an orange system text message that says "You have collided with [whoever]," and when the other guy collides with you on his end you get a white PM text message that says "[whoever] has collided with you."

Understood but that's not what I asked.

If it works like the gunnery damage model where one plane shoots and one plane is hit, then how can the system not recognize the collider vs the collidee?  If two planes collide, they should both take appropriate damage if the model is correct.

Lag doesn't matter...even in the gunnery model, lag only affects the timing of when his rounds or your rounds hit the plane. They still hit and they still do damage
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:58:30 AM by Changeup »

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 11:58:34 AM »

If it works like the gunnery damage model where one plane shoots and one plane is hit, then how can the system not recognize the collider vs the collidee?  If two planes collide, they should both take appropriate damage if the model is correct.

Lag doesn't matter...even in the gunnery model, lag only affects the timing of when his rounds or your rounds hit the plane.

I thought I recalled HTC saying something about it would penalize the player with the better connection.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:46:25 PM by JB42 »
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 12:12:02 PM »
when i started playing a few years back, to get kills I would up a bf109, cant remember the specific model, and I would crash into as many planes I tried to ho.  90% of the time, I would survive without damage while the other plane would go down.  once I switched from dial up to dsl and got a faster computer then It was the other way.  now that I have an even faster computer and great cable connection, I definitely try not to crash as I am the one who goes down almost every time.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline gblade30

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2013, 01:12:55 PM »
How Internet Lag Affects Aces High (includes how collisions occur on your end, but the other plane flies on)

Regards,

Hammer

a very good read hammer!! great input thanks

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2013, 01:23:49 PM »

Lag doesn't matter...even in the gunnery model, lag only affects the timing of when his rounds or your rounds hit the plane. They still hit and they still do damage
Not true.  Gunnery is affected by lag.  Because his evasives don't get to you for a short period after he initiates them he is easier to hit than he would be with no lag.  In addition lag can make it look to him like he doesn't need to evade as strong as he should based on what you are seeing.

Gunnery does not require the rounds to hit on both FEs.  In fact, what the rounds do on the target's FE doesn't matter at all as hits are not calculated there.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2013, 01:34:56 PM »

if you miss from your end.. they will not magically hit him..

remember, in this "two person" event, there are actually 4 planes. your computer's version of the both of you, and his computer's version of both of you. they cannot (due to the limitations of the internet) agree. they will not show the exact same positions in space...  each computer just "trusts" the other one to tell it when it gets shot.  it's close enough to have dogfights, but you really aren't fighting against a person, you're fighting against what that person was doing however many milliseconds ago.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2013, 01:54:35 PM »
Not true.  Gunnery is affected by lag.  Because his evasives don't get to you for a short period after he initiates them he is easier to hit than he would be with no lag.  In addition lag can make it look to him like he doesn't need to evade as strong as he should based on what you are seeing.

Gunnery does not require the rounds to hit on both FEs.  In fact, what the rounds do on the target's FE doesn't matter at all as hits are not calculated there.

Ok.  Got it.

Now, answer the collision question.  You have answers for everything else.  Please indulge me.  Everyone wants to answer the gunnery questions and if collisions are like gunnery, it should be easy so explain away...or else I might think your gunnery answers are horsepoo.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2013, 01:57:16 PM »
if you miss from your end.. they will not magically hit him..

remember, in this "two person" event, there are actually 4 planes. your computer's version of the both of you, and his computer's version of both of you. they cannot (due to the limitations of the internet) agree. they will not show the exact same positions in space...  each computer just "trusts" the other one to tell it when it gets shot.  it's close enough to have dogfights, but you really aren't fighting against a person, you're fighting against what that person was doing however many milliseconds ago.

I never intimated magical hits.  Crosshairs on him, trigger pull, bullets go downrange, then, 3 seconds after they pass, the bullets hit.