Author Topic: Windows 8  (Read 3110 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Windows 8
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 02:36:33 AM »
Windows codename blue is scheduled to release at the normally planned pace which is currently 1 new version every year. The devs have reported that they've heard feedback on the UI and possibly will return the start menu along with the possibility to boot to desktop. But no official confirmation of anything yet.

This video is proof that Windows8 is the best...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRlP45jEBg0

in the same video i also saw the numbers for the mega lottery,  I am rich  :x :x :x :x.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 02:06:29 PM »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 09:55:27 AM »
In a post in tech support a few months back I explained I was having trouble with the USB side of windows 8 getting my USB CH controllers working.

I had to download and install Control Manager for win7 to get windows8 to recognize my USB controllers.  I thought when I did that and got my controllers

working the problem was solved.  It wasn't.  A week ago I turned my PC on and there was no pointer for my USB mouse.  My functions for the controllers

were also gone.  Had to do a refresh of the system (second one on the win8 system in 2 and one half months)  and lost some of my info and programs to boot.

Conclusion.  Don't use Win8.  It is unusable unless you only get email and surf the web.  It is not an operating system but an accessory based system.  When I have patience again

I'll attempt to get my CH stuff up and running.  Right now I am disgusted.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 12:42:50 PM »
In a post in tech support a few months back I explained I was having trouble with the USB side of windows 8 getting my USB CH controllers working.

I had to download and install Control Manager for win7 to get windows8 to recognize my USB controllers.  I thought when I did that and got my controllers

working the problem was solved.  It wasn't.  A week ago I turned my PC on and there was no pointer for my USB mouse.  My functions for the controllers

were also gone.  Had to do a refresh of the system (second one on the win8 system in 2 and one half months)  and lost some of my info and programs to boot.

Conclusion.  Don't use Win8.  It is unusable unless you only get email and surf the web.  It is not an operating system but an accessory based system.  When I have patience again

I'll attempt to get my CH stuff up and running.  Right now I am disgusted.

Conclusion: CH Windows 8 support is nonexistant and people who use other hardware have no problems.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 03:53:51 PM »
Conclusion: CH Windows 8 support is nonexistant and people who use other hardware have no problems.

I lost the USB mouse first.  Couldn't get off the screen after typing in my password.  Had to do a refresh at that point.

No mouse to click on any selection.  That has nothing to do with the CH stuff.  System lost the mouse somewhere.  <shrugz>

Had to start in safe mode where the mouse did work....go figure? 

- The Flying Circus -

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 05:04:20 PM »
why is win8 afraid of win7? Because seven eight nine.

semp

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 12:18:21 AM »
I lost the USB mouse first.  Couldn't get off the screen after typing in my password.  Had to do a refresh at that point.

No mouse to click on any selection.  That has nothing to do with the CH stuff.  System lost the mouse somewhere.  <shrugz>

Had to start in safe mode where the mouse did work....go figure? 

You installed the CH usb control manager which messed up your windows. Contact CH for updated Windows8 software.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 03:32:55 AM »
You installed the CH usb control manager which messed up your windows. Contact CH for updated Windows8 software.

i installed ch ccontrol manager severalttimes, it has yet to mess up my windows 7.  contact Newegg and have them send you a copy of  windows 7 before they run out.

seml

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 11:23:35 AM »
i installed ch ccontrol manager severalttimes, it has yet to mess up my windows 7.  contact Newegg and have them send you a copy of  windows 7 before they run out.

seml

You need to understand that it's CH not having proper support for Win8 and not the other way around.

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 07:41:16 PM »
windows 8 - ms sold it to me cheap $39 each for 2 Win8Pro upgrade discs. Now I know why. First install went fine...or so I thought until the dvd drive disappeared. Now I know my way around computer h/w & s/w and this was frustrating. The h/w is only a year old. Complete clean and re-install produced the same results. Search on the net and this has happened to many people. The recommended solutions didn't make sense and didn't work. It wasn't worth the trouble to figure out why. This alone convinced me to put Win8 back on the shelf where it still is.

Put win 7 pro 64 back on that computer and it works fine. I do not recommend Win 8 to anybody.
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 09:48:24 PM »
You need to understand that it's CH not having proper support for Win8 and not the other way around.

generic drivers?

semp

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 10:03:37 PM »
generic drivers?

semp

In this case the user messed up his Win8 installation by installing an incompatible version of the CH control panel.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 10:08:09 PM »
windows 8 - ms sold it to me cheap $39 each for 2 Win8Pro upgrade discs. Now I know why. First install went fine...or so I thought until the dvd drive disappeared. Now I know my way around computer h/w & s/w and this was frustrating. The h/w is only a year old. Complete clean and re-install produced the same results. Search on the net and this has happened to many people. The recommended solutions didn't make sense and didn't work. It wasn't worth the trouble to figure out why. This alone convinced me to put Win8 back on the shelf where it still is.

Put win 7 pro 64 back on that computer and it works fine. I do not recommend Win 8 to anybody.

There was indeed a bug affecting a small portion of users which could be fixed by opening a command prompt with admin rights and copypasting "reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001" into the command line and then pressing Enter.

With your logic, anyone who ever had a problem with AH2 should now run around spreading 'gospel' about how they should just stick to WB.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 12:27:06 AM »
In this case the user messed up his Win8 installation by installing an incompatible version of the CH control panel.

wow it is that easy to mess up win 8.

semp

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 04:07:28 AM »
With your logic, anyone who ever had a problem with AH2 should now run around spreading 'gospel' about how they should just stick to WB.

Wow AH is awesome compared to WB. I would never have done that!
As for my logic...well....I was not impressed with windows 8 which I suppose might be more of an opinion than logic. I felt the time and effort trade off was not worth using win8 when win7 worked just fine. IMHO WB does not work fine and making AH work IS worth the time and effort.
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.