Author Topic: Wireless Home network or not?  (Read 998 times)

Offline blkblade

• Zinc Member
Re: Wireless Home network or not?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2013, 09:01:31 PM »
Uh oh. You noticed!   :O
I have reason to believe the squirrels are mocking me.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 06:46:33 AM »
Went on with the project and installed a new phone line.  The new phone line for the DSL modem is much shorter than the old line. 

The voice as Skuzzy noted seemed to be crisper.  My shooting sucks to start with but i think I suck less now.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 09:56:05 AM »
Do what Bizman suggested. Run an Ethernet cable to the router. Much better connect, and secure.
Also, I tried a power line adapter from netgear.......it is okay, but the Ethernet cable is the best all the way around.

:salute
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:58:13 AM by Mano »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 06:40:03 AM »
Do what Bizman suggested. Run an Ethernet cable to the router. Much better connect, and secure.
Also, I tried a power line adapter from netgear.......it is okay, but the Ethernet cable is the best all the way around.

:salute

What I did was install a brand new, dedicated  DSL phone line attached to the telephone company interface box.  This new line is one quarter the length of the old line. The modem is now four feet from the computer is tied to the computer by the ethernet cable.  So it was a win-win installation.

I had a good wireless setup so game play is only somewhat better.  As Skuzzy noted though, the biggest gain is in clarity of the Voice.