Author Topic: Defense Against Spies  (Read 848 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Defense Against Spies
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 01:43:45 PM »
Few weeks ago we captured an enemy port and moved CV all way up to top-right alcove near another port and cv (compello.)  Low and behold without any recon, without having a single plane witin 4 sectors for couple hours, here comes a mission that flies right over the cv they don't want, didn't drop a single bomb on it, and they get the one they want.  Geeee Wally their preeeetty smart over there, they knew just which one it was.

nobody's EVER hidden a cv up there.. EVER!

:rolleyes:

yesterday:

LOLOOLOLOL
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 01:48:09 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 04:19:59 PM »
WHo would have thought to look in the corners of the map for a hidden CV? :rolleyes:
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 04:25:37 PM »
  If you hide a CV, then you deserve to get it located by a spy......Duh
This.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 04:44:00 PM »
Only a true spy would ask for the ability to cloak his plane and fly around the map invisible to his "countrymen" ....  :noid

omg lol.... that there is just too good! lmao
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 08:45:32 PM »
GV more !

Spies are irrelevant !

:cheers:
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 12:33:51 AM »

nobody's EVER hidden a cv up there.. EVER!

:rolleyes:

yesterday:

(Image removed from quote.)

LOLOOLOLOL

Wasn't hidden up there, it was hidden right along with another cv as I said, in one of those alcoves.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 12:38:13 AM »
This.

Why does hiding a cv deserve to get discovered by a spy???  That's twice that somebody has said "this."  This what? 

How does a hidden cv deserve to get discovered by a guy using two accounts any different than a shade telling the other country where a goon is hiding? 

What if he used it to kill cv's regularly and make his score better? 

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 05:05:29 AM »
a hidden cv is  a worthless cv.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 05:13:08 AM »

Why does hiding a cv deserve to get discovered by a spy???  That's twice that somebody has said "this."  This what? 

How does a hidden cv deserve to get discovered by a guy using two accounts any different than a shade telling the other country where a goon is hiding? 

It isn't always people with shade accounts or two accounts... there are those who just dislike this type of game play(hiding CV's) ... perhaps the person responsible got sick of not being able to move it/use it... had a round of to and fro with friendlies and then got a mate to take it out ( seen it before and will again)... not really spying...just some guy who got pissy with some generals so fixed his problem   :lol :lol .....
 There is no real cure for this(spying)... limit to one account..pretty hard to do these days...possibly impossible...even so  there is skype/vent etc etc to communicate ... it is just a breed of player who won't be stopped... they will find any and every exploit available to use and abuse.... just play your game and shrug off those you feel are idiots.... there is/are plenty more decent people than dicks in game and life..

Offline Jed

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 06:52:14 AM »
I have a older computer that has bad graphics..  Not by choice, but lack of funding from wife.  Most times I fight big black squares with wings. This also lets me see these big squares from across the map.  I can find a gv or goon no matter where it's hiding.  My only fix is pulling up the clipboard., Makes it go away for a few seconds.  I can't be the only one with the issue. as mentioned before.  Something to sit on.....

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 02:31:39 PM »
Few weeks ago we captured an enemy port and moved CV all way up to top-right alcove near another port and cv (compello.)  Low and behold without any recon, without having a single plane witin 4 sectors for couple hours, here comes a mission that flies right over the cv they don't want, didn't drop a single bomb on it, and they get the one they want.  Geeee Wally their preeeetty smart over there, they knew just which one it was.

Several of us tried to catch them, we did, and we know.  When they were asked where they got their infinite wisdom, since the two were side by side, the response was "imagination." 

Yeah, I imagine something too. 

OP, I like your idea.

Detractors:  why would it hurt the game? Why would this be a big deal???
You didn't take your eyes off the sector for 2 hours straight?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2013, 03:17:44 PM »
Players with older/weaker PC's will see big black SQUARES at distances over 1k, rather than a tiny spec of a plane. When I had my old PC I could spot a landed goon from miles away, so before you get too paranoid, remember, a lot of things can give away the position of your precious goon :)
[/quote
Same here Red I could always spot bogeys from miles out because of that blob when I was younger. I was always the scout in my squadron in FSO and Scenarions  :)
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline seano

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2013, 05:04:02 PM »
like turning off you IFF. i like it but then friendly puffy ack should be able to kill you.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2013, 05:49:33 PM »

The point some are trying to make are "Why are you hiding a CV ?"

Many think hiding a CV is just as lame as "spies".

So, don't hide CVs and you wont have to worry about a spy looking, finding, and sinking it.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 01:39:29 AM »
Preety much no, kept an eye on that sector most of the time. Was about 4-5 sectors away from nearest enemy base, not real hard to keep track of...esp when camping 85 and looking out for dudes with eggs for meh panther  :devil 

I take a look at the map if I can, to see how many/where when there is a warning issued... 

Hiding a cv can prevent sneaks from a large area depending on map, and thus allow focus to go elsewhere.  Jus saying.

:salute