Author Topic: New Ki-43  (Read 4600 times)

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
Re: New Ki-43
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2013, 10:54:50 AM »
 I did manage to shoot down a single Lancaster in a Ki-43 but I used all but 20 rounds to do it and later I got out ran by a A-20 I was after. I do like it it is very maneuverable and it took hits better than I thought it would.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2013, 11:07:59 AM »
To expound on my earlier comment about Skyrock's experience being based on what and how he flies I'd like to give some examples.

The Brewster, which has generated a lot of complaints, has never been a threat to me when flying something like the P-51 or Mosquito simply because I don't get slow enough to be its prey.  Now, if I get forced slow and one is on me that would be Skyrock's example of it being a scavenger, but that is entirely based on me flying a fighter that needs to be kept fast or with escape routes.  When I am in a Ki-84 or A6M the fact that I am knife fighting makes the Brewster, or Ki-43, much more of a threat, but in being a threat they do not have to be scavengers as I am already engaged in the kind of fight they thrive in.

Scavengers are more the players than the planes and it is very situational.  I recall plinking away at a Mosquito while flying a C.202.  He was making enough mistakes to not be able to use his speed to escape, but being squirley enough that I, with my poor gunnery, was taking time in killing him, but the end result was inevitable if the two of us were left to it, but it was not to be.  A Typhoon came screaming in and blew the slow Mosquito to bits with his four 20mm cannon, getting the kill.  I have had many experiences like that in planes that Skyrock labels as only being scavenger birds.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2013, 12:08:05 PM »
No worries Karnak, he's just a pony hero....600mph picktard...there just in time for the kill, but not long enough for a fight.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2013, 02:06:25 PM »
Karnak, I made my statement because when I do find myself fighting multiples, I occasionally see a plane bypass the gangbang, just fly on by.... but if it is a zeke or a brester, it never bypasses the gangbang... ever... ever...  no matter how many I'm already fighting, the zeke or the brew always... always.... keeps coming to join in...  tis why I called them scavenger planes....  out of all the sorties, and run-ins with brews and zekes, this is what I see ingame.... and the only time I die to them is when I am being ganged and they creep on in for the scavenge!  It is only my opinion from my experiences... but I bet I'm not the only one that sees them in this way...  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2013, 02:12:19 PM »
My Zero/Brewster/Hurricane has bypassed many a gangbang.  I don't participate in the aggressor side of those unless it forms after I have engaged.  I am sure I am not the only one who flies them that way.

I will merrily dive into a gangbang in one if it is a friendly getting banged.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2013, 06:08:11 PM »
Just beause yours bypasses doesnt mean the other do.  Similiar logic that you are using against SR.

I agree with SR on this one. It is very rare to be killed by a brewster/a6m in a 1 vs 1.  It most frequently happens when I am engaged with 1 or more faster planes (51s, la7, 109s, etc) and then the brew/a6m comes creeping in after the other have slowed me down...but before one of them could finish me off.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2013, 06:15:24 PM »
Just beause yours bypasses doesnt mean the other do.  Similiar logic that you are using against SR.
That is true, to a point.  I am not arguing that none of them are scavengers though, merely that they aren't all such.  If I were to go purely by my experience the P-51D and Fw190D-9 would be the biggest scavengers.

I agree with SR on this one. It is very rare to be killed by a brewster/a6m in a 1 vs 1.  It most frequently happens when I am engaged with 1 or more faster planes (51s, la7, 109s, etc) and then the brew/a6m comes creeping in after the other have slowed me down...but before one of them could finish me off.
That is fine, but it is higher conditional to what you fly and how you fly it.  If you stick to fast rides and don't fly dumb, that will be your overwhelming experience with them.  On the other hand if you fly things that mix it up you will have a lot more non-scavenger type encounters with them.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2013, 12:54:37 AM »
I couldn't hit the slippery rascal.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2013, 01:09:16 AM »
I thought that the Ki-43 wouldn't be that good in the MA because of weak armament -- but Ki-43's are quite good.  True, you won't be doing any snapshot kills in one, but the armament seems more lethal than that of a Hurri I, Spit I, or C.202.  And they are so very, very nimble.  I did several sorties in one yesterday for the first time, and two of them were landing 3 kills.  In the mix included an F4U, P-38, and F4F, so the Ki-43 can kill sturdy planes, too.  Also, although it sheds parts at very high speeds, it stays maneuverable up to that point, unlike Zeros, which get extremely sluggish at high speed.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2013, 01:16:34 AM »
brews and zekes, this is what I see ingame.... and the only time I die to them is when I am being ganged and they creep on in for the scavenge!  It is only my opinion from my experiences...

I use to think the same way towards other planes, but it's not the plane in particular it's those behind the stick, not what you fly it's how you fly it. Doesn't matter what you are in and how many you are already vs.. But there is always some tard in a Brew,Spit,Dweebfire or Pony that feels he needs to make it a 4 or 5 on 1.

Flying the Ki43 lately and all kills so far have been vs 1 or 2 great ride, lot of fun. I certainly can't be bothered trying to fight the hordes in it though. More fun off peak.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »
If y'all flew only a Brewster or KI or Zeke for a whole month Id think your tunes would change, You have the advantage on your first move into that fight, after that youre in it till your dead or they are. Your only advantage is the turn and the only thing keep you alive is how good your SA is and if your controls are just as good....that's it.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Perrine

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2013, 01:54:09 AM »
I couldn't (i'm sure I'm not alone) hit a crap with this plane in MA.  If I do it's akin to shooting pellets that dent instead of penetrating the target.
The above is the only (if not glaring...) downside.  The rest of its attributes is close to being resembling a TIE fighter :t

ENY for Ki-43-II should be increased to let's say..... around 60.  

Also, I'd like to see Ki-43-III in this game.  It's the _definitive_ Hayabusa fighter that is 20 mph faster.  With increased speed Ki-43-III's ENY is reduced to 40.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 02:20:36 AM by Perrine »

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2013, 02:03:44 AM »
You must be smooth.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2013, 04:08:28 AM »
Also, I'd like to see Ki-43-III in this game.  It's the _definitive_ Hayabusa fighter that is 20 mph faster.  With increased speed Ki-43-III's ENY is reduced to 40.
I have nothing against you I'm just using your post as an example.

I don't understand why it always has to be faster better and more powerful....you have an airframe that fought through the war with good results, It doesn't burst into flame it can be maintained right at 50 mph true airspeed and has guns that can zap anything flying in this game. IF you'll take the time to quit your whining about how this plane is int fast enough the guns aren't big enough it cant do this or it cant do that. Lord have mercy guys.

I shot down two 111s and a 51 and had 50 mgs left when I landed I was the only a/c to attack them. Get out there and take the time to learn a plane that doesn't do the work for you that you cant just look at someone and they fall
apart, that you cant just run away from folks in...OR stay out of it and fly your 51s and 47s and 38s and complain when one finally, finally catches you down low and slow where they are and sends you to the tower in a sheet of
flames. I get so tired of hearing you guys whine about getting caught by planes like the Brew, now KI43 and other turners on the deck where I end up after EVERY SINGLE flight. Do you hear me gripe? not really because that's where I choose to fight. I have to dodge every late war fighter there is on the way to a fight, get shot at taking off get shot while heading to the fight and most of my fights end on the deck with 4-6 a/c after me I have ~3mins of fuel and no ammo. Fair? not really, so yes let me catch you on the deck where I fight at with little airspeed in your late war monsters of choice and Ill put every round of ammo into your planes and if that doesn't kill you which it'll have to be the luckiest of days for you I'll probably ram you because that's just how much I don't like being shot while I'm fighting several people at once. What goes around comes around guys and if you cant take it get out. We all choose our planes and you just happen to get caught with your pants down well guess what its just your turn gents. and that's it, this is my one and only rant as the guy flying the plane no one else likes. I love the 43, do I wish it could dive like a Brewster be armed with a pair of 20mms and have an engine fast enough for me to catch 51 when they run? Sure am I going to get that? No. So Ill putter a round and wait for one of you goons to think you have the skill to turn with my 43 then Your going to head back to the tower under your own power or I'm going to send you there just a tad faster.- Vudu15
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2013, 07:05:26 AM »
I have nothing against you I'm just using your post as an example.

I don't understand why it always has to be faster better and more powerful....you have an airframe that fought through the war with good results, It doesn't burst into flame it can be maintained right at 50 mph true airspeed and has guns that can zap anything flying in this game. IF you'll take the time to quit your whining about how this plane is int fast enough the guns aren't big enough it cant do this or it cant do that. Lord have mercy guys.

I shot down two 111s and a 51 and had 50 mgs left when I landed I was the only a/c to attack them. Get out there and take the time to learn a plane that doesn't do the work for you that you cant just look at someone and they fall
apart, that you cant just run away from folks in...OR stay out of it and fly your 51s and 47s and 38s and complain when one finally, finally catches you down low and slow where they are and sends you to the tower in a sheet of
flames. I get so tired of hearing you guys whine about getting caught by planes like the Brew, now KI43 and other turners on the deck where I end up after EVERY SINGLE flight. Do you hear me gripe? not really because that's where I choose to fight. I have to dodge every late war fighter there is on the way to a fight, get shot at taking off get shot while heading to the fight and most of my fights end on the deck with 4-6 a/c after me I have ~3mins of fuel and no ammo. Fair? not really, so yes let me catch you on the deck where I fight at with little airspeed in your late war monsters of choice and Ill put every round of ammo into your planes and if that doesn't kill you which it'll have to be the luckiest of days for you I'll probably ram you because that's just how much I don't like being shot while I'm fighting several people at once. What goes around comes around guys and if you cant take it get out. We all choose our planes and you just happen to get caught with your pants down well guess what its just your turn gents. and that's it, this is my one and only rant as the guy flying the plane no one else likes. I love the 43, do I wish it could dive like a Brewster be armed with a pair of 20mms and have an engine fast enough for me to catch 51 when they run? Sure am I going to get that? No. So Ill putter a round and wait for one of you goons to think you have the skill to turn with my 43 then Your going to head back to the tower under your own power or I'm going to send you there just a tad faster.- Vudu15

Just about my thoughts as well.

:salute Vudu15

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC