Author Topic: Discos  (Read 362 times)

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
Discos
« on: April 13, 2013, 05:20:24 PM »
  I have a sincere question to ask. Why can't the auto reconnect be used in the FSO? Some of us wait all week just for FSO then get booted! Usually we can get back on in the 5 minutes needed granted some of the AI's may get shot down but at least it would give us a chance to enjoy what we've been waiting for. Respectfully
                                                                                                              IcDragon :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Discos
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 05:29:47 PM »
We have it turned on. It seems to not always work very well...possibly due to the fact that we disable flight (close the fields) shortly after the event starts. This might be a use case that was not tested very extensively, since it seems to work pretty well in the Mains where flight is never disabled.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 11:37:19 AM »
That sounds pretty plausible.  I've had the reconnect work successfully for me before fields were closed, and I know I've had squaddies have it not work after they were closed.

IMO it'd be a worthwhile thing to fix/add.  FSO is, as far as I'm concerned, the single best reason to have a reconnect feature.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 11:44:11 AM »
Yeah this could be a wishlist post!

Upon joining the arena it appears the server checks to see if you have a plane currently in flight.  If flight is disabled for your country then it does not allow you to rejoin your aircraft.  Maybe HTC can update that if you have a plane in flight and flight is disabled for your country, then it will still allow the join.

Not sure if this will work but logically it should (but more time consuming for the CM):  Manually disable flight for the specific fields that had flight enabled at the beginning of the frame, while leaving flight 'enabled' as a whole for each country.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 11:48:52 AM »
Not sure if this will work but logically it should (but more time consuming for the CM):  Manually disable flight for the specific fields that had flight enabled at the beginning of the frame, while leaving flight 'enabled' as a whole for each country.

Enabling flight affects the whole country and cannot be done field by field. The only way around it would be to remove all the planes from all the fields, and then add the correct plane at the correct field for that one person who discod, then remove it again when they take off. Definitely something that would be more trouble (in my opinion) than it's worth.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 12:21:15 PM »
I had it work for me once in FSO so far after a disco.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 12:55:17 PM »
It also depends how you disco. There have been a few times where I have white screen CTD'ed and cannot get back in because the game treats that as an "ALT F4". However, if it is a Host Connection Lost, it normally lets you back in.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 01:27:46 PM »
Enabling flight affects the whole country and cannot be done field by field. The only way around it would be to remove all the planes from all the fields, and then add the correct plane at the correct field for that one person who discod, then remove it again when they take off. Definitely something that would be more trouble (in my opinion) than it's worth.
I figured it would be too much effort for the CM field by field... maybe the initial idea could make it to the wishlist!

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd