Author Topic: Eny  (Read 213 times)

Online Tracerfi

• Silver Member
Eny
« on: April 15, 2013, 08:25:27 AM »
I wish ENY counted how many people are in flight not whos in the arena it stinks when you have the most players but almost none of them are in flight which happens allot when in the early morning  :cheers:
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Eny
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 08:29:39 AM »
I wish ENY counted how many people are in flight not whos in the arena it stinks when you have the most players but almost none of them are in flight which happens allot when in the early morning  :cheers:
Big mishuns would exploit that in a heartbeat.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Online Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 08:30:35 AM »
good point did not think of that
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 08:37:49 PM »
Perhaps a weighted average of the two?

40% in flight, 60% total numbers. That way, a country with few on but all flying could theoretically have a higher eny limit than a country with many on but virtually nobody flying.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 10:23:57 PM »

Perhaps have it so that it counts those who are inflight instead of on the server for eny. However, when you make a mission and if people join it would increase ENY for the mission.. Trying to find a way to explain this..

Say I make a mission. Currently the ENY is 0, but if I make the mission (and everyone launches etc), then the ENY will go to 15 or so.

A different ENY "calculator" would be for the mission, another for those outside of the mission (that way those who join the mission don't count against those outside the mission until after they have launched).  This would help mission planners on some planes, where they have many people join, to find out 1/2 of them can't launch because the ENY is too high for that specific plane.

So I make a mission for p51s. 5 join.  The mission shows what the ENY would look like after these planes take off. So lets say ENY is now 6 (in the mission).

So now, no one can select a p51 in the mission, so I add P38Ls because more want to join.

So.. lets say 9 more join for P38s, however the mission ENY is now up to 18, so P38's are locked too. (for the mission ENY)

Now, to clarify. Mission ENY and outside mission ENY are separate.  If the mission ENY is 6 but the ENY outside the mission is 0, then people who aren' t joining the mission can still select P51s or anything with 5 ENY.

However, once the mission takes off (in this example) the ENY will go up to 18.

I hope this made sense. It did at least in my head  :lol   :headscratch:

:salute

Tinkles
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 10:34:54 PM »
Then they would just not make a mission. Everyone picks a plane and sits in the tower waiting to spam NE,S etc. The server would not have instant eny updates or it would move around so quick it would piss people off. So they could all up Cheap 262s or P51s even if they out numbered the other side 1/1.5.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 11:13:33 PM »
Like I said, weighted average. Can't be exploited and gamed as easily, since it's based on both total and in flight numbers.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"