Ok so you might be thinking we dont need another version of the LVTA2

But for the D-Day event I thought why not have the LCVP

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: LCVP
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:12:33 PM »
The troops wouldn't run anywhere unless they are within a certain range of an enemy maproom (someone here will know & chime in).  The troops would just stand in front of the LCVP.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 09:21:32 AM »
If HTC doubled the range in which the troops would run to a MR, this would be feasible. 

It would certainly add another dimension to the game.  Instead of having LVT's waddle around once they reached the beach, Higgins boats would let the troops run.  The trad off would be maybe 12 or 15 troops in stead of 10.   :) 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 11:59:44 AM »
as it stands troops will run to a maproom from about 1.5 miles away as along as the ack and or buildings are (white flag)I think this would work if they upped it a little to maybe 2.5 or even 3 miles
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 03:17:17 PM »
Double egde sword here if enemy is paying attention. Troops would also be at greater risk to enemy
aircraft and gvs
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 10:02:10 PM »
Double egde sword here if enemy is paying attention. Troops would also be at greater risk to enemy
aircraft and gvs

I look at it from the other angle: it would cause the defenders to think between going after than enemy fighter or veering off and heading for the running troops and exposing themselves to enemy fire.  To me, allowing the troops DOUBLE the range would add another element to AH. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 05:35:13 PM »
Greetings,

Sounds like an idea - however, would this also double the 'run' range of the C47 dropped troops?  And if so, would that make a difference?

It's only 1 knot or so faster than the current amphib, so I don't think that would make a big difference.

Could be 'enabled only' on the often requested BB or 2 CA fleet . . . .

Regards,
Mole