Author Topic: two gun sights  (Read 952 times)

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
two gun sights
« on: April 16, 2013, 02:53:49 PM »
***save them as .gif if they are not already in that format, then open them in MS Paint, and select save as, and select 256bitmap.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:27:01 PM by BluBerry »

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
Re: two gun sights
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 09:54:08 PM »
Can i get a Nuclear waste symbol? sight in shape of a  triangle
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 07:49:08 PM »
Can i get a Nuclear waste symbol? sight in shape of a  triangle

yeah just send me a PM here on the forum  :salute

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 02:18:22 PM »
sent
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 02:23:21 PM »
Will i ever get mine bluberry? Or did it not work...
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline -error

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 03:10:51 PM »
Any hints how to use second sight? On what plane it is calibrated?
Thank you for your work.
AH: impulse9

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 05:35:35 PM »
If you look around on the Internet you find these are variations on illuminated reticles for tactical scopes. There is no Mil logic scaling in the structures related to WW2 air combat Other than the main ring is roughly 100Mil. The cluttered structures are going to cause you issues at times resolving your con from ground clutter during low level maneuvering. These gunsights just look COOL for those inclined to that. You might see them in some of the more popular FPS Special Ops style games on the Internet.

The foundation for the reticle structures are modern military Mil Dot scopes and reflex Holo image sights with advanced ranging ladders for fixed position shooting. I use a Mil Dot scope with my NM M1A1.

Most of your shooting in the game requires you to lead by about 20-50Mil while holding elevation of about 14Mil. The default ring for most countries was 70-100Mil to achieve two results. First to gauge distance based on the relationship of the ring to the con. Second to aid in Low-E turn lead estimation to shoot in front of the con. Here is a link to an excellent article from SimHQ to help with air to air gunnery in Aces High.

http://www.simhq.com/_air10/air_312a.html

Ground pounding with bombs and rockets is better learned from either an accomplished game veteran who will probably give you a copy of the gunsight he uses with two marks below the center pipper. Then an angle to dive at along with a speed that will make the marks usable.

The way to discover the marks and speed is simple. Offline change one of the aircraft drones for a tank so it sits on the runway. Enable the dive bombing sight. Map a button to screen capture. Take off with your bombs or rockets and you will see a green cross between your legs when you select your ordinance. Now make runs against your tank. When the green cross tracks up into your gunsight area while diving in, press the screen capture button instead of the ordnance drop button when the cross is on the tank. Review your screen shots to see where to add marks to your current gunsight. Then try hitting the tank offline until you tune the positioning of the dots to your attack style. Your release point will change based on AoA and speed, sort of limiting the marks in your gunsight to being generalized indicators. A rule of thumb from WW2 saw bomb and rocket ladders added to rings below the center pipper every 5Mil.

This link will allow you to read the US NAVY glide bombing manual from WW2. Very good diagrams, tables and explanations for dive bombing. An evening with a Trainer will set you up forever as a Jabo Meister in the game.

http://aviationshoppe.com/wwii-us-navy-glide-bombing-how-to-do-it-a-66.html

Nice gunsights, wrong game.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 07:55:59 PM »

Nice gunsights, wrong game.

I never claimed you could use the mil scaling with AH2 to start.

If people are looking for gun sights designed for various things in game then they can request them and or find them.

Killing/Shooting your target in AH2 is effected way more by other variables like computers, hardware, servers, internet, latency, connections and on and on...

Saying that, "The cluttered structures are going to cause you issues at times resolving your con from ground clutter during low level maneuvering", does not apply to all of us due to all the variables I've already mentioned and the millions I have not.

Just because you cannot use these gun sights in a historically accurate fan boy way does not make them "clutter".

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 08:00:53 PM »
Will i ever get mine bluberry? Or did it not work...

You requested a custom sight made with polarized effects from the record I have, and I have yet to officially release any polarized stuff, its just been a side project. However when I do, I will make your request as well. I sent you a PM in response with the same information at the time of the request. If you would like it still made but non-polarized, then I can get to it sooner.  :salute
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:10:36 PM by BluBerry »

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 08:09:33 PM »
Any hints how to use second sight? On what plane it is calibrated?
Thank you for your work.

These gun sights are not calibrated for any set plane, nor do they have any set feature. The are accurate when used for aiming like any other sight. I suggest playing around with any gun sight you download, make, or use, because they all will have difference parts on the image that you find useful. While some people see it as "Clutter", myself and many others do not. Regarding the second gun sight, I know exactly which horizontal line to use in the KI-84 when my target is at certain distances. Playing around and experimenting with what works for you is key.