Author Topic: K4 is easy mode vs. K4 is a symbol of courage  (Read 15847 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: K4 is easy mode vs. K4 is a symbol of courage
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 01:19:57 PM »
Just watch jo or redbull fly the k4. = easymode.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 01:34:51 PM »
I actually have to agree with that point.  90% of the time, I find one of two things-  I either am noticeably better/in a much better situation than my current opponent, or I am noticeably worse/in a much worse situation than my current opponent.

Very rarely do you wind up in a fair fight, co-E, with a roughly equivalent opponent.  90% is probably a low estimate.

Wiley.

Oh it may be true... almost no way to tell anyway.  I just don't know if you can admonish chest thumping and then thump your own.   :headscratch:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline projoe

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 01:50:25 PM »
jo/redbull/dolby...and several others have spent hours upon hours in the 109's to get good in them...definately not easy mode but the k4 doesn't warrant a 20eny either.  It is a late war ubber machine...10 maybe 15max.

PJ
Projoe 367th Dynamite Gang

Spread my work ethic
Not my wealth!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 02:00:41 PM »
109K is not that easy to pick up for a new player and certainly no ENY 5 plane, especially as it basically has no air to ground capability.

But it has tremendous power, making it about the best climber in game anf the fastest prop plane between 8K-24k (and still among the fastest on the deck). The combination of top speed, acceleration and maneuverability is outstanding. It's FAR from being a ENY 20 fighter like the Spit 9. Even the 190D has 15, and that's a fighter with a much more one dimensional kind of performance.

It's ENY should be at 10, which would place it amongst planes like the Typhoon, P-47M, Ta 152H.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Perrine

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 02:07:08 PM »
109K imo should 15 ENY.

or unperk the Spit XIV... which is 109K's contemporary and natural opponent.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:09:59 PM by Perrine »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 03:14:16 PM »
Every airplane in this game is 'easy mode,' but the K4 is a monster only for people that fly it a lot. I have seen long term players that love the K4, but if they don't fly it often enough it bites them. That might explain the ENY issue. I'm still not sure how HTC sets ENY, but I have always believed they go by the way it performs in the arenas. If you go by pure performance in the hands of long term users that know the aircrafts limitations and fly it enough to use it well, then of course it will appear to need a lower ENY (I would say 10). I still feel there are a lot of Luftwaffe wannabes that kill themselves in the K4 and help to keep the ENY where it is.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 03:41:05 PM »
If you can control the torque of the K4, and learn to 30mm (which never seems  to want to shoot where you aim  ;) ) then the K4 is just as easy to fly as any other plane. If any of the 109's could be considered "easy mode", then my vote would be the G2. It's maneuverable, quick, fast, has a decent climb rate, and doesn't have the massive torque like the K4 and the 20mm is far easier to aim.

No plane is invincible. You can use any plane to kill any other plane as long as you use your strengths against your opponents weaknesses. That being said, no plane may be invincible, but a good pilot can make it seem it is. So get to reading up on ACM and start getting better! Instead of focusing on flying the one way you're good at, focus on the things you're not good at and get good at them. That's how you make people say "Dang! We can't shoot that guy down!"  :aok :salute

15 ENY seems fair for the K4, but I've flown it so much that it just seems easy to fly. I think the torque, 30mm, and the fact that it has no ATG abilities are what puts the K4 at 20 ENY.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 03:42:47 PM »
Well, I am hardly a Luftwaffe fan, but jumping from the Mossie to the K-4 the K-4 sure is easier and when I am in the Mossie the K-4 is in the top spot of nonperk fighters I least want to face.

I find the Bf109K-4 to be signifcantly superior to the Spitfire Mk XIV.

I think the torque, 30mm, and the fact that it has no ATG abilities are what puts the K4 at 20 ENY.
The Spitfire Mk XIV has no ATG capability, worse torque, half the WEP and poorer handling, and is slower but it is ENY 5 and perked...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 03:46:51 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 03:45:52 PM »
imo the only easymode plane is the Spit16   (said as someone who flies it almost exclusively)

aside from that, there are no easy planes, only great pilots who make it LOOK easy  :salute

k4's don't scare me, until I realise someone like Redbull or Latrobe is flying. Spit16s can be scary (to a noob like me) even when flown by a mediocre pilot

just my opinion ;d
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 03:53:33 PM »

The Spitfire Mk XIV has no ATG capability, worse torque, half the WEP and poorer handling, and is slower but it is ENY 5 and perked...

I've always wanted to see the 14 unperked and ENY boosted up a bit. That thing is an absolute nightmare to try and control!

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 03:57:26 PM »
It is not, however, a air superiority fighter, or even a dog fighters per say.  It is an interceptor.  Sure, there are some players who know the torque and acceleration abilities and how to harness it, but in general it is NOT an easy mode plane.

1) If you put 'per say' at the end of a thought, it means you are covering for a deficiency in the argument - refer to south park for details.

2) The K4 is easy mode, and is a fantastic 'air superiority fighter' - the only drawbacks are fuel (its really not that bad since you still go fast as a banshee on 1.1/1.2 ata) and the 65 shots.   But in all other aspects, it is unmatched.

3) Granted, it is not every pilots cup of tea - but there is no denying that when I see a K4, I have to wait for it to make a mistake (commit to the fight), or it will attack and just walk way.

My only problem with it is that when I am 'on' with the 30mm, I can't hit anything with .50s or 20mm. . .

I agree on the Spit14, it is a much more difficult plane to fly and it does not really deserve the perk price. . . spit16s are better under 15k.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:00:10 PM by Ruah »

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 04:17:48 PM »
  k4 cant be that bad ars, i kill more of them then they kill of me  :ahand

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Ninthmessiah

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 04:19:13 PM »
per se means "in itself."  And yes, the 109k4 IS a dogfighter per se.  Arguably the best dogfighter the Germans ever put up that saw combat.  No ords, super fast, climbs like a monkey, and loaded with the one-hitter-quitter in the nose.  Is someone trying to make a dogfighter/interceptor distinction?  Semantics.

As for ENY, nobody knows is the correct answer.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013, 04:37:46 PM »
I don't think the K4 is 'easy mode' in the traditional sense because it takes time to learn how to use and appreciate its abilities. When I think of 'easy mode', I think of planes that don't take time to learn in order to be successful. As I a equate time to learn as skill and not ease of use.

my 2 cents
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 04:39:53 PM »

As for ENY, nobody knows is the correct answer.

Hitech does.  :D

K4, easy mode? Meh. I sometimes wonder why it isn't perked or a 10 ENY plane. IMO, Ki-84 and 109K4 does not belong at 20 ENY. Then again, it wouldn't matter, because perks means little to a good pilot.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp