Author Topic: K4 is easy mode vs. K4 is a symbol of courage  (Read 15858 times)

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
Re: K4 is easy mode vs. K4 is a symbol of courage
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 06:42:39 PM »
 k4 cant be that bad ars, i kill more of them then they kill of me  :ahand

Yes, but you play the game disguised as a bomber, by the time they figure it out it's too late.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 08:07:47 PM »
K4 is easy mode disguised as 20 eny fighter. It's certainly one of top 5 unperked rides in the game.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 08:10:34 PM »
Do all that killing in a 109E4, then come back and talk about a cartoon 'symbol of courage"  :)

A lot of experienced cartoon pilots fly K4s so they already have the basics down.  Throw in a plane with that kind of performance and it's not exactly taking a great 'risk' for those guys to be killers in it.  

That's not meant as a shot, as the majority of K4 guys also will fight in them.  
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 08:14:10 PM »
That's not meant as a shot, as the majority of K4 guys also will fight in them. 

And like the Pony/D9 the majority will also use it's speed to exit fights as soon as the advantage is lost. True 20 eny rides have no option but stay and fight it out.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »
Never blame the plane for the players actions. If someone in a spit 16 is willing to fight me and fight me hard, I will always respect that. If hes only looking to jump in and pile on, thats when he becomes a dweeb in my eyes...but honestly its his 15 bucks. He can play as he wishes even if I dont like it.

The K4 is an awesome plane. If you like it, fly it. Dont worry about what anyone thinks. People call me noob all the time for flying a mustang yet somehow a P47M is "manly". P47m is awesome and I love it, but they are so closely matched that I find it hilarious that people make that distinction. Its all about perception, and most of the time perception is not grounded in reality or fact.....especially in games on the internet.  ;)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 08:48:45 PM »
BigR discussion isn't about the plane and players actions, it about whether the plane is a 20 eny ride and if it's easy mode and should be lower eny in reflection of this.

Personally I don't think it should have eny any higher than 10

<S>...-Gixer

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 10:07:29 PM »
And like the Pony/D9 the majority will also use it's speed to exit fights as soon as the advantage is lost. True 20 eny rides have no option but stay and fight it out.

<S>...-Gixer

Well put. I agree. It's not easier to learn, it's easier to be uber once you do. But whether it's a vet who knows how to turn it or a mediocre player who knows when to break off and run, its performance is a ridiculously large advantage. K4s are a runners plane and they don't even look like they're running. Hanging on its prop so close you could reach out and touch them in a rolling scissors or simply going nose up until you can BnZ is barely more praise worthy than learning to turn and fly a brewster, spit or zeke well. Both cases are about 10% pilot skill and 90% aircraft performance. Praise that can be given to K4 drivers is for sticking with an initially more intimidating machine.

Eny for this a/c has always seemed wrong and those who fly it and disagree have an incentive to think that way, lowering eny would have a corresponding drop in bragging rights.

Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 10:21:16 PM »
If it makes the Bf109K-4 fans feel any better, I don't think the Mosquito Mk VI is really an ENY 30 ride either.  Yes, I like milking it, but it really is better than that.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 10:30:26 PM »
If it makes the Bf109K-4 fans feel any better, I don't think the Mosquito Mk VI is really an ENY 30 ride either.  Yes, I like milking it, but it really is better than that.

I hope the mossi never gets changed. I love destroying spit16s with it and getting 50 perks   :devil

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 10:43:39 PM »
K4 is played out i miss how the old G10  a niche ride .   Eny for
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 11:19:27 PM »

......um German planes stunk! :banana: :bolt:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2013, 05:14:59 AM »
Shhh...! keep quiet... :uhoh
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2013, 05:43:10 AM »
Gotta agree here, the mossie6 should be around 20 eny. It might see more use that way (if it appears to be rated better).

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2013, 06:01:08 AM »
Do all that killing in a 109E4, then come back and talk about a cartoon 'symbol of courage"  Smiley

What he said.  :aok   Although, that's not even cartoon courage if you don't value your cartoon life.

K-4 and the word "courage" do not belong in the same sentence.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Ripley

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2013, 08:12:45 AM »
Hmm....

If you were to drop the ENY of the K4 to 10 or 15, you would have to do the same with the F4U-1A as its another perfect example of a plane with a slight learning curve but once you know it you can be REALLY good. I don't know of many planes in this game that can float 500ft above the ground at 80 mph but the 1A can do it. Not to mention the crazy, crazy ACM you can pull out of that bird in a pinch. Yet it's 20 ENY.

I guess what I'm getting at is there seems to be a few planes that are "over ENYed", not just he k4.
Ripley

4th Fighter Group "Debden Eagles"