Author Topic: K4 is easy mode vs. K4 is a symbol of courage  (Read 15845 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: K4 is easy mode vs. K4 is a symbol of courage
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2013, 08:29:27 AM »
The F4U1A is something different, lightening fast on the deck, dives like nothing else, turns tight as a spit, not horrible in climbing, has a very long range. Its only average in high-alt performance and poor in acceleration.
Its ENY 15, by the way.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2013, 10:13:49 AM »
The ENY number for the K4 gets confused by the Ordinance factor. Most think of ENY as how easy it is to get kills, but that's only half the story. The K$ carries no bombs or rockets. So its ENY is lower than a PONY which carries both, and has very long range. You can't close a field with a K4 Raid. Ponies have low ENY because a group can bring 2K worth of bombs across the map, close a field and kill all the fighter that are in the air. K4 can't.

if ENY was rating only the capability in Air to Air, K4 would be rated very high, the Pony would be much lower that it is. BUT air to air is only part of the ENY rating.

Speed                   top 1%
climb rate              top  1%
Acceleration           top 1%
Firepower               top 5%
Visibility                 top 20%
roll rate                 top 20%
Flat turn rate         top 35%
Who is John Galt?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
Ponies have low ENY because a group can bring 2K worth of bombs across the map, close a field and kill all the fighter that are in the air. K4 can't.

The 47M and the Ta 152 can't either, both having ENY 10.  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 10:48:38 AM »
Eny - pfft.  Doesn't matter.

What matters -- how one 30mm shot can take off the entire rear section of a 38!   :lol

Sorry - back to your guys' debate. :)
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 10:49:17 AM »
Thats nonsense, Vinky.
Speed: yes, its the fastest propeller-driven aircraft from 8-27K, has a long wep. But on the deck, the F4U series, 190D, Tiphy, Tempy, La, Spit14, M-jug are all faster. Its still very quick, but not the top 1%, not nearly.
Climb rate: its really top notch, insanely quick all the way.
Acceleration: made some test with Krupinski, the K4 accelerates very well, but far from the top 1%.
Firepower: while its one hit - one kill, the ammo load is small, and any fighter further than 400 is practically untouchable. A mixed bag.
Visibility: very good - for being a razorback birdcage. Otherwise, poor.
Roll rate: medicore from 150-350mph, practically non-existent over 430. Aileron rolls cant really be performed near the stall, due to the strong torque, but the snaprolls are easy and steady. A mixed bag, again.
Flat turn rate: ~19.2 seconds per circle, on the deck. Thats poor, considering the spit8/9/16 turns around in 15-16 seconds, the spit14 in 17.5 seconds, the lala/p38 in 18.3 seconds, and the 190D in 20.5 seconds.
Flat furn radius: large, ~535 feet with full flaps, according to DocGonzo's site. Thats about the same as the Spit14, P38, 190A5, or the P47D11 with the small gun package.
Low speed handling: i was fammiliar with this aircraft, felt it quite handy and forgiving, both on the edge of stall and in the post-stall moves.

In a hands of a dweeb, the K4 can escape from the fight quickly. Isnt the best horde-munkey plane as it cant really dive and cant get a kill from 600. But when a veteran is flying it, it turns into a beast, being able to stay with the stallfighters for a while or overshoot them and shoot their donut with the tater - just whatch RedBull flying it, or anyone from the same category. A truly impressive sight, yet very difficult to get the most out from this aircraft.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 10:53:56 AM »

Oooo... The Snail lands a solid point.   :D

I never thought about the K4 vs. TA-152.  The 152 is certainly a beast when flown to it's strengths, but I dunno if it's a more capable fighter than the K4.   It does have more punch with the 20mm's and more taters to chuck.  I can't think of any other reason it would be that much lower ENY than the K4.

Tis a puzzlement for sure.   :headscratch:

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2013, 11:01:59 AM »
I never thought about the K4 vs. TA-152.  The 152 is certainly a beast when flown to it's strengths, but I dunno if it's a more capable fighter than the K4.

Not at the altitudes where more than 90% of combate takes place in AH. At regular altitudes, the 109K is all over the 152. Faster, accelerates better and turns much better as well.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2013, 11:09:28 AM »
K4 is played out i miss how the old G10  a niche ride .   Eny for

I too wish we had the G-10. I really like the K-4 and the way they fly but I can't hit the ground with the 30mm. If the K-4 had a 20 package I would fly it a lot more. The 109f-4 and g-2 are my favorite 109 rides. But the 109K-4 is more like a 10 eny plane in my humble opinion

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2013, 11:20:12 AM »
Nor the Spitfire MK XIV and it is ENY 5 and actually perked.  It is also, contrary to debrody's claim, slower on the deck than the Bf109K-4.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ninthmessiah

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 11:37:36 AM »
Thats nonsense, Vinky.
Speed: yes, its the fastest propeller-driven aircraft from 8-27K, has a long wep. But on the deck, the F4U series, 190D, Tiphy, Tempy, La, Spit14, M-jug are all faster. Its still very quick, but not the top 1%, not nearly.

The K4 is faster than the M jug from 1ft to 24,000ft on both wep and mil.  It's faster than the F4U-1A above 3,000ft on mil.  On wep, the K4 is faster than the F4U-1A at all alts.  If the K4 isnt in the top 1% in terms of speed, its awfully close.  [Data pulled from the AH generated charts]

Flat turn rate: ~19.2 seconds per circle, on the deck. Thats poor, considering the spit8/9/16 turns around in 15-16 seconds, the spit14 in 17.5 seconds, the lala/p38 in 18.3 seconds, and the 190D in 20.5 seconds.
Flat furn radius: large, ~535 feet with full flaps, according to DocGonzo's site. Thats about the same as the Spit14, P38, 190A5, or the P47D11 with the small gun package.

This data supports an ENY of 20 when viewed in the eyes of a 2-week rookie.  But of course, only a 2-week rookie would flat turn his 109k4.  Any luftpilot worth his salt is gonna take the fight vertical.  But most of us here know this already.  And we know that once you take the fight vertical, this 20ENY plane turns into a SpitK4.  Slight exaggeration.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2013, 11:57:46 AM »
An other nonsense, Messiah.
First, climb rate =/= turn rate.
Then, the spit8/16 climbs just as good as the k4.
After that, an energy-fight is not a turn fight.
And finally, a rope-a-dope is not a turnfight, is not elegant, and the luftsticks who have some pride stuck into them, wont use this. Just like how the worthy pony sticks dont run for the first sight of danger - ask BigR.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 12:00:32 PM »
 :lol

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 12:03:28 PM »
And finally, a rope-a-dope is not a turnfight, is not elegant, and the luftsticks who have some pride stuck into them, wont use this. Just like how the worthy pony sticks dont run for the first sight

The biggest propagated myth in this game is "top luft sticks don't fight in the vertical" or something along those lines.

Plus the rope can be just as elegant as a turn fight.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 12:14:45 PM »
Debrody...   You have got to get out of the mindset you have...  The K4 is a monster IMO while using the vert.  Not necessarily to straight zoom up.  You can fight in a vertical rolling scissors or something.  I'm guessing you think using vert  is just trying to BnZ or something..
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Ninthmessiah

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2013, 12:26:42 PM »
Debrody, clarify please.  Are you arguing with my analysis?  Because if you are, great use of the strawman.  I never mentioned climb rate nor did I analogize the rope-a-dope to using the vert.  In fact, I agree with everything in your last post.  So if we agree, then we're doing a crap job of it.