Author Topic: Need some Training  (Read 720 times)

Offline Estes6

• Zinc Member
Need some Training
« on: April 25, 2013, 12:26:41 AM »
My Username is Estes6 and I am relatively new. Just looking for some time in the training arena to get a handle on the basics. Also, I recently bought a head tracker, which is an awesome piece of technology, but I cant seem to find a solution to seeing aircraft behind me, and its caused more deaths and frustration than I care to remember  :bhead....so ANY advice from someone is who more familiar would be greatly appreciated!!

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
Re: Need some Training
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 02:32:01 AM »
well first if you haven't seen these check them out folks seem to think they are helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE4C59347B00
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 07:53:54 AM »
If you can make 11 am ET Saturday I can help you with that Estes.

Offline Estes6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 12:16:20 AM »
Wow! ok I've seen a few of these but I didnt realize there were so many different videos. I'll definitely be checking those out! Thank you!!

And Yes I believe I can make that time on Saturday. I appreciate all the help guys!

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 02:09:52 PM »
If you fly for the Knights in the LWA, I will help you all I can or find you some help. The official trainers, especially FLS and Morphfiend, are absolutely the best. Get all the time you can with them. One small piece of advice: don't start out with the P51. Most of the Newbies (including me) made that mistake. Its a high performance aircraft that's difficult to fly in air-to-air combat until you really know what you are doing. I recommend a Spit16 or Spit8 (Spit XVI or Spit VIII) at least until you are confident. It will turn well and its fast enough to run away from danger when you need to. (Absolutely nothing is a magic bullet. I've been shot down in a Spit16 but it gives you a better chance than most when you are new.)
Tex78

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline Estes6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 08:31:23 PM »
Ok great. I think I've seen Morphiend around once but I didn't think to ask for help.  I've actually been flying the wings off of the 109's. The G-14 and the k4 in particular. I've been getting better in them an my Kill/Death ratio isn't quite as pathetic as it used to be. Also found some luck in the p47. but If anyone has time or advice for those aircraft I'm all ears... especially the 109. I really love the way it handles.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 08:37:29 PM »
Ok great. I think I've seen Morphiend around once but I didn't think to ask for help.  I've actually been flying the wings off of the 109's. The G-14 and the k4 in particular. I've been getting better in them an my Kill/Death ratio isn't quite as pathetic as it used to be. Also found some luck in the p47. but If anyone has time or advice for those aircraft I'm all ears... especially the 109. I really love the way it handles.

ACM works the same in all planes(for the most part)

getting to know all the planes is a huge thing, dont think about score....rank...... any of that.....dont stay in 1 fighter,  try them all.

learn them and while that is happening you will learn ACM, time with trainers, DA lake is great for fast fights....

if you see me on, JETSOM ingame ill help ya learn to fight. :aok

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 10:48:13 PM »
Just so there's no confusion, I'm not currently playing so there is no relation haha. Welcome to the game though!  :salute

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 11:00:20 PM »
  He doesnt sound anything like you KJ!

Funny I told him I had an old bud with almost the same name..... :rofl

:salute