Author Topic: hit %  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: hit %
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 08:25:49 AM »
It never used to be that way unless it's changed.  Only air-to-air targets count in fighter hit%.  They hurt you in fighter mode but count in attack mode.

If you remember the old scoring layout for the web interface, scores were broken down into player vs player, an player vs object.  I've had the same experience as Lusche and Noir.  If your projectiles are deflected by armor, I don't believe they count as hits though.  Only if you do damage.

Offline hellwolf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 04:43:57 PM »
thank you all for your replies. Sorry to put the pressure on you lusche, just your answers are always clear, concise and given without prejudice.   :salute

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 01:16:38 AM »
In some plane types it's hard to get high percentage of hit% due to the fact different weapons have different trajectory , best example is the fw190a5.
Hit percentage should be omitted from fighter score.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 02:08:45 AM »
In some plane types it's hard to get high percentage of hit% due to the fact different weapons have different trajectory , best example is the fw190a5.
Hit percentage should be omitted from fighter score.

Or you could shoot 20's only :D
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 08:30:45 PM »
The only "trick" to a higher hit percentage is to practice and improve your gunnery skills.

I remember the night VOSS got caught cheating trying to increase his hit percentage.  He was caught sitting in a P-47 inside of a hanger shooting at the inside walls, a patch came out a few days later eliminating friendly objects from counting towards hit percentage.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song