Author Topic: Ki-43 opinions?  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Ki-43 opinions?
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2013, 03:17:58 PM »
We had a big go around on the forums when that article was first presented here.  Krusty claimed it applied to all Ki-43s and others said it was about Ki-43-Is only.

Sorry if I came off as cutting you off at the knees.

No problem -- in fact, thank you for pointing that out.  It's an important point.

I edited my above post to correct it.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2013, 04:48:23 PM »
No, the article is specific to Ki-43-Is.  It doesn't address Ki-43-IIs or Ki-43-IIIs.

The reason I posted that link for Brooke is that it mentioned some of the issues with the various guns used on the Oscar, like the unreliability of the Ho-103 cannon.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2013, 07:08:08 PM »
The reason I posted that link for Brooke is that it mentioned some of the issues with the various guns used on the Oscar, like the unreliability of the Ho-103 cannon.

ack-ack

In aces high everything is perfect - Panther tanks, Tigers and King Tigers. If it was realistic we would have engines quitting, engines acting retarded - I can see it would piss off so many people they would quit.

I brought it up a few years back asking for a "realistic" arena, however the idea was shot down based on its already a steep enough learning curve, throw in some major malfunctions and people would rage quit.
JG 52

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2013, 12:29:23 AM »
Perhaps even a bigger issue than mechanical failures was the danger of weather.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2013, 04:36:59 AM »
In aces high everything is perfect - Panther tanks, Tigers and King Tigers. If it was realistic we would have engines quitting, engines acting retarded - I can see it would piss off so many people they would quit.

I brought it up a few years back asking for a "realistic" arena, however the idea was shot down based on its already a steep enough learning curve, throw in some major malfunctions and people would rage quit.

I didn't post it to show there was something wrong with the guns in game.  I found the article to be interesting as it explained why the Ki-43 had various gun packages and issues with the guns.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song