Author Topic: gunnery and B/O's  (Read 506 times)

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
gunnery and B/O's
« on: May 09, 2013, 12:52:43 PM »
So I am aware of gunnery zoom and have set it up.
Now it seems as if others have the ability to see thru the planes nose to fire in a turn. I keep getting shot in a turn. Me however cannot shoot in a turn, targ is hidden by nose. Why is this?

I also seem to be blacking out a lot in turns. If I am chasing a targ, shouldn't what causes me to B/O also cause targ to B/O?
Plus it seems that the B/O just slams the door on me quickly, there is nothing gradual about it.
My stick is set up right, I think, I use scaling, I use a 1/4 wide ellipse format with the 1st two selections the same, and way down the scale.

Not being a real pilot, plane setup is a bit foreign to me. I can fly, land, take off no problem.
ty
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline manglex1

• Zinc Member
Re: gunnery and B/O's
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 01:05:36 PM »
Well, with the shooting part, it's just guessing. Chances are your opponent is calculating the lead and firing even if he can't see you.

In the blacking out, there are multiple factors. First, is speed, if you're going faster you will black out easier. Also, nothing is saying he isn't blacking out, he can turn tighter because he isn't lining up on a target and so has no absolute need to be able to see

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 01:51:25 PM »
If your flying in the DA, F3 is enabled and people use it to "see" those shots' In the mains people "guess" due to experiance when and where to fire, or roll their plane to put their wings along the targets flight path and get a peek out the side window. Again timing due to experiance helps here.

Black out is a bit different. While they are flying on the edge of a black out (tunnel view), you have to pull harder to get lead on them and so black out completely. Again, when getting shot AT experiance plays a big role. If a guy dives on you and you break hard too soon you give him the look he needs to pull real hard to get ahead of you in the turn and then ease up to have his full view agian for a possible shot.

It's all just practice. Don't keep doing the same move if it doesn't work, try something different. turn sooner, turn later you'll find things that work.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 04:16:38 PM »
assign page up and down to a button or hat.  

set a key for default position also.  When your about to shoot in a turn page up take the shot once saddled flick default view back to gunsight.  Obviously works better for certain planes over others.  See mossie, hurri, typh, P51 the list goes on.  

I hardly ever zoom in unless i'm chasing some runner >600 yards.  
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:18:21 PM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 04:47:13 PM »
 I read the title and thought it was a reference to my shooting!

As in my shooting stinks.... :devil

:salute

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 10:38:09 PM »
ty
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64