Author Topic: New PC component combos: Need opinions and advice  (Read 977 times)

Offline numb1

• Copper Member
Re: New PC component combos: Need opinions and advice
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 11:23:13 PM »
Microcenter has the 3570k on sale for $189  :O
I5-3570k,Asus Sabertooth,Corsair H100i,Corsair AX850,Two His IceQX2 7950 boost cards in crossfire,Cooler master Storm Stryker case,Western Digital 1tb HD,Intel 180gb SSD,Qnix 27in 1440p PLS OCed to 120hz monitor

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 12:17:21 AM »
I use a    Gigabyte   GA-Z77X-UD5H, happy with it, have had no problems.
Also if you install the drivers, I can't remember off hand. There is 2 drivers for the USB 3.0. One has to be installed before the other. The information is in the directions.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 11:02:11 AM »
The GA-Z77X-UD5H combined with the 3570k CPU is a VERY popular combo sold together on a lot of build it yourself parts sites.  I`ve always read positive things about that MB and CPU when it comes to overclocking as well. 

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 07:31:11 PM »
Microcenter has or had combo deals , but has to be instore pick up. The MB and CPU was cheaper and I also got the combo price off. They tested the MB for 20.00 ( i live 2 .5 hours away and was in the area on bussiness and has to be returnewd to the store in person, not mailed). I still came way out ahead of newegg or any other online store.
Mocrocenter is worth checking out if one is close enough
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 03:28:07 PM »
i'm not personally a fan of gigabyte mobos, just because some of the chipsets they use for sound, network, etc...but, if you get a good one, it's going to be solid.

you may want to swap that ocz agility 3 for a vertex 4, crucial m4 or maybe a Samsung 840 pro series. the agility 3 doesn't seem to be as durable as the others.

I agree with gyrene for the most part...

I would also opt for a thermaltake ( by seasonic ) 600w thru 750w  PSU series .......  prefer using  ASUS MB or ASROCK MB over all other brands

I recommend the Crucial M4 series SSD drives 128GB thru 512 GB.....  I would also go with ASUS or LG  BluRay DL Rewrite Burners...... I never had much luck with longivity using Samsung CD or DVD  in builds for family members

since you listed no network card, try and get an onboard INTEL gigabit port, verses a Realtek gigabit port that is more common on most boards

Good Luck on your New Build

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC