Author Topic: Auto download skins won't stay checked in the hangar  (Read 419 times)

Offline F77

• Copper Member
Auto download skins won't stay checked in the hangar
« on: April 19, 2013, 08:43:41 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that this won't stay checked?  Check it, leave hangar, return and it is unchecked again.

Cheers

Leonard

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Auto download skins won't stay checked in the hangar
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 10:39:01 AM »
Yes, it's been like that for awhile. You can manually edit the file and change the 0 to 1 and it will stay checked.
Go into your Aces High folder, goto settings and look for 'skins.cfg' file. Contents should look like "0,DownloadSkinsEnabled"  and then change the 0 to a 1 and save it.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 10:47:28 AM »
Thanks  Fuzeman

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 09:31:15 AM »
I can't duplicate this problem.  It sounds like it's a permissions issue where Windows is not letting AH write to that file.  Do you have problems with any other configurations not saving?  What version of Windows are you using?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »
Now I just checked mine and on the new computer, running Win7 64 Bit, it stays checked. But I recall emailing Skuzzy about this, wont post any of those personal, private communications here, when I was using my older rig which ran WinXP.
Pretty sure Skuzzy would give me permission to share Pyro and I'm 99% sure I have them but there was no resolution then and I'm pretty sure Skuzzy was in the same boat you are with non duplication.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 12:31:01 PM »
I can't duplicate this problem.  It sounds like it's a permissions issue where Windows is not letting AH write to that file.  Do you have problems with any other configurations not saving?  What version of Windows are you using?

Sound files.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 10:21:19 PM »
Now I just checked mine and on the new computer, running Win7 64 Bit, it stays checked. But I recall emailing Skuzzy about this, wont post any of those personal, private communications here, when I was using my older rig which ran WinXP.
Pretty sure Skuzzy would give me permission to share Pyro and I'm 99% sure I have them but there was no resolution then and I'm pretty sure Skuzzy was in the same boat you are with non duplication.

It was around July 31, 2012 and the jist of the conversation was it may have had to do with my use of Avast anti-virus software. Was not confirmed but a possibility. I did and still do use the 'disable until restarted' option when running Aces High.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
download skins in background will not stay checked on.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 11:02:57 PM »
i click it on and its checked then leave hangar and when i come back it is not checked any longer.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 01:27:06 AM »
Same problem here
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 09:25:49 AM »
Have you guys ever backed up your settings folder or moved it from another computer?  Can someone go into their Aces High\settings folder and delete the file skins.cfg and see if the problem persists?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 01:47:01 PM »
Have you guys ever backed up your settings folder or moved it from another computer?  Can someone go into their Aces High\settings folder and delete the file skins.cfg and see if the problem persists?

I can't help ya out  :cry  As mentioned it doesn't happen on my new rig with Win7 64b, and AH wont run on the old XP one that I had it happen on. Good luck.

And with the old rig, no on backup or even reloading AH for that matter. Think I ran an updated version for a few years.