Author Topic: For MrRipley  (Read 3841 times)

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
Re: For MrRipley
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2013, 06:01:48 AM »
It could also be that the apparent minority who like win8 are the ones with your version of "computer aspergers" - your minds are wired in such a way to like it.  "Normal" minds find it illogical and annoying.  Bad press and "drama" followed its release-after end users had to make it work.  It didn't precede the release.  Now, micfrosoft needs to change it to satisfy the majority of its customer base.  I'm glad you can make it work for you.  I'm also glad I have win7 on my desktop.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2013, 06:54:30 AM »
It all boils down to what I call 'the computer equivalent of Aspergers syndrome'. Some people just lose their marbles if the menu isn't exactly where it used to be and the blue e mark the internet :D

It really has little to do with change, itself.  It is more about inept change.

What Microsoft did was akin to an automobile manufacturer moving the steering wheel from the front seat, to the back seat.  Sure, you could get used to it, but it does not improve the driving experience at all.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:57:10 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2013, 01:03:56 PM »
It could also be that the apparent minority who like win8 are the ones with your version of "computer aspergers" - your minds are wired in such a way to like it.  "Normal" minds find it illogical and annoying.  Bad press and "drama" followed its release-after end users had to make it work.  It didn't precede the release.  Now, micfrosoft needs to change it to satisfy the majority of its customer base.  I'm glad you can make it work for you.  I'm also glad I have win7 on my desktop.

Asperger syndrome patients freak out exactly when normal routines are broken. So not much possible.

Even though at first it felt stupid to hover on the corner to be able to shut down the computer, after using Win8 for close to a year I once tried to close a Win7 desktop by hovering in the lower right corner. So everything is just a matter of getting used to. People hated Windows XP:s new interface with passion too.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2013, 05:32:56 PM »
We ought to get together over a beer and argue over the really important stuff:  which is best, single malt Scotch, Bourbon, vodka or something else?  Is Belgian beer/ale better than German beer?  These are the questions the answers to which can solve all the world's problems.    :banana:

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2013, 02:50:34 AM »
We ought to get together over a beer and argue over the really important stuff:  which is best, single malt Scotch, Bourbon, vodka or something else?  Is Belgian beer/ale better than German beer?  These are the questions the answers to which can solve all the world's problems.    :banana:

I'm definately islay single malt guy - unless I can mix the vodka. :)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone